Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

best filament material for lineaire bushes

Posted by DreGrave 
best filament material for lineaire bushes
May 03, 2020 12:38PM
what is best sort filament material for bushes. i read something about nylon and abs(but the downside its toxic and it is differcult to print a it stinks) i read also something about POM but i'm there not familiar with. witch filament is the best and why!! And whats are the best temperatures/adjustments on a (standard) Anet a8.
Re: best filament material for lineaire bushes
May 03, 2020 03:44PM
[www.igus.com]

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
May 05, 2020 01:28AM
that filament is to expansive. should i go for nylon of for abs??
VDX
May 05, 2020 03:02AM
... better to ABS ... or try to find POM-filament ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 05, 2020 05:26AM
DreGrave
that filament is to expansive. should i go for nylon of for abs??

IGUS seems expensive but with a spool you can make many bushings of all kind, linear, for rotation, self aligning, flat even leadscrew nuts !
No need for hardened steel rod. Regular steel (plenty available in old printers, scanners), SS, hard anodized, carbon ....
You can make them smaller than the regular LM SC ... in fact "a la carte" !
No delivery waiting time.
I did it for my machine and others kind of rquipment. Even replaced small bearings (5X11X4) as these shitty cheap chinese stuff don't last.

In any case you need to know how to adjust, lap and a set of drill bit by 0.1mm increment, reamers in common size (5, 8, 10, 12) come handy.
They won't come from your printer with the proper tolerances.

These bearings when properly made with tight tolerance are less forgiving and will bind if the machine is not properly designed, aligned, overconstrained.
It is a good test.
Steel bearings will usually force align poor machines (the vast majority in the 3D printer world)

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
May 05, 2020 09:35AM
I misunderstood- when you asked for the "best" material to print bushings you meant "cheapest".
Why do you need to print bushings?
Buy a block of plastic and drill a hole in it. If you buy a rectangular block, you'll be able to mount your extruder carriage plate with just a couple screws.
UHMW PE is cheap stuff (commonly known as poor man's teflon). Actual teflon (aka PTFE) isn't really expensive if you shop around. Both have low stiction/friction on polished steel.
Don't use nylon. There's a reason they use nylon for nylock nuts...

Bronze bushings are cheap, too.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2020 11:19AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
VDX
May 05, 2020 10:54AM
... for my first Delta-demonstrator I've milled "gliders" from a block of PTFE with 10mm thickness, what worked pretty well smoking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login