Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How the printer knows the dimensions of the frame or build plate ?

Posted by EzyMan 
How the printer knows the dimensions of the frame or build plate ?
September 26, 2020 11:40AM
Hello Everyone,

i recently built my own 3d printer using Arduino Mega 2560 with RAMP 1.4

I have used Creality build plate 235*235mm.

Printer type: CoreXY.

Frame: 2020mm Aluminum Profile.400*400*400mm over all

My question:

How the printer knows the dimensions of the frame or build plate or from where it should start printing? in other way <3 after HOME ALL when i press printing from SD card it should print on the build plate not outside the build plate.

please check this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2020 11:40AM by EzyMan.
Re: How the printer knows the dimensions of the frame or build plate ?
September 26, 2020 12:44PM
This question actually belongs in the Marlin subforum. It is done by setting offsets in the firmware. If all axes are homed, you then measure the distance from the tip of the nozzle to the edge of the bed on each axis. These values are put into the firmware in the offset section smiling smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
September 26, 2020 12:56PM
Thanks Ohmarinus,

much appreciated.

Is there any guideline to show me how to do it? because you know knowledge is 0.00000000000000000000001% i just if you have time to tell me how to do./

Thanks again.
September 26, 2020 01:03PM
EzyMan
Thanks Ohmarinus,

much appreciated.

Is there any guideline to show me how to do it? because you know knowledge is 0.00000000000000000000001% i just if you have time to tell me how to do./

Thanks again.

Alright, I didn't watch the entire video, but I think this guy can help you further winking smiley
[youtu.be]

A little googling gave me this answer. Let me know if that helped? smiling smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
September 26, 2020 01:08PM
Ohmarinus
EzyMan
Thanks Ohmarinus,

much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Alright, I didn't watch the entire video, but I think this guy can help you further winking smiley
[youtu.be]

A little googling gave me this answer. Let me know if that helped? smiling smiley

Thanks alot Ohmarinus, so i can adjust the X, Y, Z from malin screen no need to change anything in arduino?
January 28, 2021 07:21PM
I have started writing a document on how to configure the build volume in Marlin. It's early days yet, but the first part (how to ensure that 0,0 is correctly at the front left corner of the bed) is complete. Take a look at https://manuelmclure.github.io/ConfiguringLeveling.html

Essentially, you need to edit your X_MIN_POS and Y_MIN_POS to put 0,0 on the front left corner of the bed (assuming the printer homes to Xmin and Ymin).
January 29, 2021 12:48AM
You might find it advantageous to put the origin of the machine at the center of the bed plate. It makes it very easy to use different slicers, among other things.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login