Weird belt path used in expired Stratasys patent
May 10, 2021 10:06PM
Is anyone able to identify the kinematics system used in this patent? I can't find any previous discussion on this topic, and the few references I've found say that Stratasys uses h-bot. However it's clear from the drawings that this isn't a simple h-bot configuration. In fact it's not even symmetrical. Is this some kind of modified h-bot to solve the racking problem?

Here's the link to the patent: [patents.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2021 04:19PM by eebogaine.
VDX
Re: Weird belt path used in expired Stratasys patent
May 11, 2021 01:11AM
... this is not so far away from my own wire-feeding system, I've designed after a port crane in 1995:

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 11, 2021 04:27PM
VDX
... this is not so far away from my own wire-feeding system, I've designed after a port crane in 1995

Yes there's definitely some similarities. The biggest difference seems to be motor placement. Do you know what this would be classified as kinematically? Is it some sort of Cartesian variant since x and y each have their own independent motor?
VDX
May 11, 2021 04:42PM
... dunno ... for me this was the simplest design without moving a motor, so could use much heavier+stronger motors than with the common plotters and XY-writers then ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 15, 2021 08:59PM
Figure 4 for the x motion doesn't look feasible. If the motor moves the belt distance dx, pulleys 90 & 96 will attempt to move the carriage dx/4. Meanwhile pulley 102 will try and move the carriage dx/2. Seems like trouble.
June 04, 2021 05:36AM
would you pay £500 for a used stratasys 1200es?
filament looks a bit pricey, maybe the machine can be modded to take cheaper filaments, & different materials.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login