Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Compact Belt Idler/Tensioner

Posted by Graylag 
Compact Belt Idler/Tensioner
August 02, 2021 06:52AM
For my delta printer I designed this interesting idler/tensioner assembly. Design goal was for a compact, yet rigid and precise idler/tensioner without any slider parts. End result looks surprisingly good.

Would anyone be interested in using this design? (i.e. should I clean up and publish data, or it would be just wasted effort on publishing milionth tensioner?)
Any suggestions for improvements?
Attachments:
open | download - watt_tensioner.png (22.6 KB)
open | download - watt_tensioner_photo.png (388.6 KB)
Re: Compact Belt Idler/Tensioner
August 20, 2021 10:03AM
Wow 4 months ago, wonder how many people have taken your idea & said nothing.
August 20, 2021 01:26PM
Regardless of the merits of the idea, there tends to be little discussion of this posting, or of many others because:-
  • Most of the 275 hits (at this time) were from net indexing bots.
  • Many of what remains were from people looking for stimulation who click on several items a minute in a daze of apathy.
  • Some are from people who would contribute but are afraid of trolls and smart-arses disagreeing with what they said.
  • Another reason too disspritiing for my jaded brain

Mike
VDX
August 20, 2021 01:47PM
... there are many belt-tensioner designs out there, which can be found when dismanteling old XY-data-writers and XY-plotters ... even some of the modern ink-jets have them embeddet to adjust the belt ... but here the "belt-tensioners" are mostly integrated into the plastic-housing ... in the old writers/plotters they are separate modules, composed mostly from two parts only, adjusted with a screw ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
August 21, 2021 06:01PM
probably too many moving parts for most, do you still have them working in situ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login