Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ReplicatorG and Multiple extruder controllers

Posted by mochen72 
ReplicatorG and Multiple extruder controllers
January 19, 2010 08:32PM
I made a post this in the experimental software forum before I realized this forum was here.

One challenge we are currently facing is we are not sure how multiple extruders can be controlled using ReplicatorG.

Our plan was to use one extruder controller to control the thermoplastic extruder that everyone is familiar with, and a second extruder controller to control a head that lays down wire. Hence, we would be taking advantage of the existing firmware of the extruder controller.

However, after much searching, we still could not find information on how this is done, even though the ReplicatorG website states, "more codes exist now for controlling build platform temperature, case temperature, a second extruder, and for controlling stepper motors on extruders." (http://replicat.org/mcodes)

If anyone has tried to program two extruder controllers connected to a single motherboard, it would be awesome if you could let us know how you did it.

We will post updates on this problem here.

Thanks.
Mo
Re: ReplicatorG and Multiple extruder controllers
January 20, 2010 07:37AM
mochen72, you may be one step ahead of me because I am still looking through the firmware trying to locate where to setup a second extruder. I see all the syntax to handle additional extruders and even a variable for how many extruders you have, but I feel like somewhere you have to put in the offset of your second extruder (ie 20mm down the X axis). Otherwise the firmware won't be able to align the second extruder to the placement of the first. Have you figured this part out yet?

In the meantime I will take a look at ReplicatorG and see if I can have any luck there.

Keep us posted on what you find!

[cpwebste.blogspot.com]
Re: ReplicatorG and Multiple extruder controllers
January 21, 2010 04:42AM
mochen72, try asking in "General" Because this forum is buried pretty far down the page, and people don't know about it yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login