Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacup M101 (wait for temp)

Posted by scuba 
Teacup M101 (wait for temp)
October 06, 2011 04:11AM
Hi!
I'm using Teacup on my GEN7 Board and have a little issue with M101 Gcode commands which skeinforge creates at the beginning of each layer.
As far as i can see M101 (commented as: "extruder on") only looks if the temperature target is reached and does retraction stuff (and DC_Extruder stuff if used).

In my case I heat my nozzle up till target Temperture is reached, start printing and my Prusa stops on nearly each M101 for about 1 minute waiting for temperature. I've activated monitoring in pronterface and my temperature is allways +-3-5°C off my target temp which is abolutely in temperature hysteresis range of +- 20°C.

As a workaround I deactivated retraction in firmware (do it in gcode) and removed all M101 and M103 ("extruder off") from my gcodes.
This solves my problem but I have no idea why Teacup thinks my temp isn't right. Thanks for your advices!

Ps: heating is performed via M104 my this be an issue ? (I'll try it with M109 next time)
Re: Teacup M101 (wait for temp)
October 06, 2011 06:02AM
Teacup waits some time for the temperature to stabilize. I think there was some effort to get rid of that delay by measuring temperature even if the extruder is turned off, but I neither know wether this is done, yet, and wether you use the latest Teacup.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 06, 2011 06:54AM
I'm currently using build "9cc2074" downloaded on 04.10.2011 so it should be one of the newest versions. I think you mention the "temp_residency_time" for which teacup will wait to stabilize.That might be why it takes about a minute till it sends a "Temp achieved" and carry on with the print.
In my case nearly every M101 command leads to a stop of my print. It seems to me as if Teacup drops its "temperature reached" information on every M101 (or maybe on M103) and has to wait till "temp_residency_time" for a new stabilization.
As I said before my workaround solves this issue for me and I don't see a reason for using M101 and M103.
But anyhow I want to find out whats going on because this doesn't seem like a feature for me.
October 07, 2011 06:49AM
started playing around with sfact and it doesn't produce the mentioned M101 and M103 commands.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login