Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacup and Heater?

Posted by shippo0708 
Teacup and Heater?
November 06, 2011 05:16PM
Hi guys... I'm trying to configure teacup firmware for my setup.. besides the nightmare of getting the steps per mm right, (which i haven't yet)

Im trying to figure out about the whole heater setup.. I'm using a wades geared extruder and using a MOSFET to switch 12 power to the nichrome wire heater on the extruder but i can't understand in the config.h which pin i assign...

heres an excerpt from the config

//               name      port   pin    pwm
DEFINE_HEATER(extruder,	PB3)
//DEFINE_HEATER(bed,			PB4)
// DEFINE_HEATER(fan,			PORTB, PINB4, OCR0cool smiley
// DEFINE_HEATER(chamber,	PORTD, PIND7, OCR2A)
// DEFINE_HEATER(motor,		PORTD, PIND6, OCR2cool smiley
Re: Teacup and Heater?
November 06, 2011 05:28PM
Its the ones marked "PB3 and PB4" which are the port numbers based on atmels data sheet not the arduino environment.

But which motherboard are you using? I just found that Sanguinololu 1.1 needs to use Bang/Bang instead of Teacups default P.I.D.

The steps per mm is the same as with any other firmware except you don't need to multiply it by the microstepping because the firmware does that for you. Or you can just enter the exact same value as you would in any other firmware and delete the microstepping part.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
November 06, 2011 05:35PM
well I'm just using a duelminove w/ ATMega 328 for the moment since thats what i had and don't want to spring the money to get an actual Sanguinololu -_-

So in this case the PB3 is the actual pin name from the chip itself? so in my case PB3 would be arduino-mapped pin 11?
November 06, 2011 05:41PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2011 05:43PM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog

November 08, 2011 04:44PM
alright thanks.. i have 90 percent of my rig together now...

Just have to get the extruder wired in and tweak the steps and it should be running tongue sticking out smiley
November 08, 2011 05:20PM
You will want to try and keep things similar to the way RAMPS is wired because it is important to keep certain things on certain timers. Not really sure which ones as I am not a programmer, just a lowly teacup user.

November 08, 2011 05:24PM
Well I did change the motor pins to

D2 - x step
D3 - x dir
D4 - y step
D5 - y dir
D6 - z step
D7 - z dir
D8 - e step
D9 - e dir

Think that will have any side effects? I mean it works but getting the stepping right is a lil hard
November 08, 2011 05:38PM
At the bottom of teacups config file you will find.

/***************************************************************************\
* 8. APPENDIX A - PWMABLE PINS AND MAPPINGS *
* list of PWM-able pins and corresponding timers *
* timer1 is used for step timing so don't use OC1A/OC1B * This is the one that makes me think you need to be careful
* they are omitted from this listing for that reason *
* For the atmega168/328, timer/pin mappings are as follows *
* OCR0A - PD6 - DIO6 *
* OCR0B - PD5 - DIO5 *
* OCR2A - PB3 - DIO11 *
* OCR2B - PD3 - DIO3 *
\***************************************************************************/

Not entirely sure how to use this information just know that it is there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login