Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

plus side endstop issues

Posted by chicht 
plus side endstop issues
November 21, 2011 11:18PM
Hey,
I'm having some trouble configuring Sprinter for my end stops. Y and Z are working fine, X is on the positive side and giving me trouble.
The X end stop works alright with the stock Sprinter settings, if I tell Pronterface to send it home, it starts moving (but away from the switch), then trip the switch, and it stops. Great, it seems if I change #define X_HOME_DIR -1 to 1, it should be ready to go. After that, I can still move it + and -, though it will run right into the switch as if it weren't there and the home button doesn't work anymore from Pronterface.

I've tried various combinations of other settings with the X axis, it does work fine if i invert the axis direction, but of course then my prints will be flipped.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Is someone using a combination of settings that will work?

Other knowledge that might be useful:
Ramps 1.4
Ultimachine mech end stops

After this I can start calibration prints. woooo
Re: plus side endstop issues
December 02, 2011 12:05PM
I had the same issue with the Sanguinololu and my milled mendel clone. It turns out that the issue is the pin assignments. So when you go into the "configuration.h" file to configure the firmware you need to swap the values of "X_MAX_PIN" and "X_MIN_PIN". Then you must set X_HOME_DIR to 1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login