Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't compile Teacup firmware

Posted by BobL 
Can't compile Teacup firmware
December 20, 2011 07:46AM
Hi All,

I downloaded the latest Teacup Firmware and Arduino IDE V1.0
I use RAMPS 1.4. So I renamed config.ramps-v1.3.h to config.h and ThermistorTable.default.h to ThermistorTable.h.
I followed the instructions here: [reprap.org]
I didn't make any changes in the config and defined the MEGA 2560 in the makefile.

Now, when I compile I get the following errors in Arduino IDE:

>
In file included from temp.c:58:
config.h:283: error: 'THERMISTOR_EXTRUDER' undeclared here (not in a function)
temp.c: In function 'temp_sensor_tick':
temp.c:186: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
temp.c:204: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
temp.c:204: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
temp.c:208: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
temp.c:210: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
temp.c:214: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
temp.c:214: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
temp.c:230: error: subscripted value is neither array nor pointer
<

Can anybody help?
Thanks
BobL
Re: Can't compile Teacup firmware
December 20, 2011 12:41PM
You need a thermistor.h file. You can copy and rename the thermistor.gen7.h just like you did with config.gen7.h.

Bryan
December 20, 2011 02:43PM
Hey Bryan,

thanks for your answer. I copied the gen7 instead of default and it worked. That means there is a bug in the default?!

In the meantime i checked my setup is working with the script here [reprap.org].
it worked.

But when copying the firmware now, nothing works. I use ReplicatorG. I can't move the axis and the temperature for the extruder
thermistor is about 300°C. But it's cold. LED 4 is on all the time.

Any ideas?
December 20, 2011 04:52PM
Standard suggestion for axis movement is to check your endstop setup. Make sure they are connected and working, and setup in firmware. Is LED 4 the standby led or the power led? The standby LED is always on, and the power LED is on when ATX powers up. I don't know if RepG is running well with Teacup or not, you might try pronterface.
December 27, 2011 07:13PM
I'm in the same boat. Arduino IDE 1.0 won't compile Teacup 56258a3. Same errors.

Bryan's solution would make sense but there surely is no file named thermistor.gen7.h or thermistor.default.h or anything like thermistor.h anywhere in the Teacup distribution - just the ThermistorTable.h. So, for the uninitiated, where does that file come from?

Thanks!
December 28, 2011 04:27AM

Arduino IDE 1.0 won't compile

Well known fact, not only for Teacup. The Arduino guys apparently did major changes to their libraries, to the Sanguino and Gen7 support packages no longer fit. Unfortunately this kicks in even with Teacup not even using these support libraries, because Arduino always compiles "everything".

The solution: go with the slightly older version 0022 or 0023.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

January 03, 2012 06:04PM
It wasn't actually a problem with the Arduino IDE per se. With exception of this "thermistor" issue, everything else compiles just fine. Well, I ended up taking an easy way out: since my machine does not use thermistors, I simply went through the entire folder with the firmware libraries and commented out all references to thermistors. It compiled fine, for Arduino 168/328 anyhow.

/\_/\      ARDUINO
((@v@))     CNC
()~|~()     ROBOTICS
 VV-VV      my bits of questionable wisdom...
January 04, 2012 05:16AM
Simply commenting out the thermistor in config.h would likely have been sufficient ...

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

January 04, 2012 12:03PM
Traumflug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Simply commenting out the thermistor in config.h
> would likely have been sufficient ...

Don't know why but somehow just config.h didn't do it for me. There was one or two other references that were still making compilation fail. I think (can't remember exactly, sorry) heater.c or temp.c also had references that needed to be commented out.

/\_/\      ARDUINO
((@v@))     CNC
()~|~()     ROBOTICS
 VV-VV      my bits of questionable wisdom...
swordman
January 07, 2012 01:37PM
Hi everybody!
I've the same problem. I'm trying to compile Teacup using aduino-022, but I keep getting errors.
The first was the one related to TERMISTOR_EXTRUDER.
I commented the line and ok... but now I'm left with the other series of error, and I can't understand what I've to do to correct the firmware to compile correctly.
If I comment the reference to TehrmistorTable.h I get error of undefined variable (understandable..) but I can't understand what I need to do to compile, at the moment I don't need the termistors... at all.
Thanks for the help!
February 18, 2012 07:55PM
ElectroNick Wrote:
> Bryan's solution would make sense but there surely
> is no file named thermistor.gen7.h or
> thermistor.default.h or anything like thermistor.h
> anywhere in the Teacup distribution - just the
> ThermistorTable.h. So, for the uninitiated,
> where does that file come from?

Just wondering if anyone has an answer to this question.

Edit - okay, I have an answer to the question. I believe he was actually referring to ThermistorTable.gen7.h, and ThermistorTable.h.

Try using the gen7 thermistor table instead of the default one, and see if it compiles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 08:02PM by jbayless.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login