Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with Marlin complilation.........

Posted by Flackster 
Trouble with Marlin complilation.........
January 14, 2012 06:11AM
Hi,

I'm having trouble compling the latest Marlin software. I'm not sure if it's something to do with paths, etc
Below is the error message I'm getting when I try to 'verify'. The files it seems to be saying aren't there, are there - I checked. Either in a subdirectory of the Ardunio application (version 1.0), or in the sketch directory I loaded marlin.pde from

Am I doing something basically stupid?

Thanks

Pete

**** The error messages
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:6:21: error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:1:
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\/LiquidCrystal.h:82: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual size_t LiquidCrystal::write(uint8_t)'
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\hardware\Sanguino\cores\arduino/Print.h:40: error: overriding 'virtual void Print::write(uint8_t)'
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp: In member function 'void LiquidCrystal::init(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:70: error: 'OUTPUT' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:70: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp: In member function 'void LiquidCrystal::begin(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:100: error: 'delayMicroseconds' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:102: error: 'LOW' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:102: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp: In member function 'void LiquidCrystal::clear()':
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:164: error: 'delayMicroseconds' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp: In member function 'void LiquidCrystal::home()':
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:170: error: 'delayMicroseconds' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp: In member function 'void LiquidCrystal::command(uint8_t)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:258: error: 'LOW' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp: In member function 'virtual size_t LiquidCrystal::write(uint8_t)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:262: error: 'HIGH' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp: In member function 'void LiquidCrystal::send(uint8_t, uint8_t)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:270: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:274: error: 'LOW' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp: In member function 'void LiquidCrystal::pulseEnable()':
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:286: error: 'LOW' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:286: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:287: error: 'delayMicroseconds' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:288: error: 'HIGH' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp: In member function 'void LiquidCrystal::write4bits(uint8_t)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:296: error: 'OUTPUT' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:296: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:297: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp: In member function 'void LiquidCrystal::write8bits(uint8_t)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:305: error: 'OUTPUT' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:305: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope
C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\Reprap Development\arduino-1.0-windows\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp:306: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2012 06:12AM by Flackster.
Re: Trouble with Marlin complilation.........
January 15, 2012 12:16PM
One thing to check is the name of the folder the files are in. It needs to be the same name as the pde file (Yes it's a stupid requirement) . So probably a marlin folder containing marlin.pde and other files. So if there are version numbers or anything in the folder name you need to delete them.
January 16, 2012 07:05AM
Sadly it's not that (folder has same name)

I see that the Marlin software on the mendel-parts website is much simpler (smaller, less files) than the one I got off Github. I'll give the mendel-parts one a try

Fingers crossed

Thanks

Pete
I have the same problem. I partially solved it by creating a file inside hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino called Arduino.h with just this content:

#include "WProgram.h"

But I'm still getting this error:
In file included from (path)/arduino-1.0/libraries/LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.cpp:1:
(path)/arduino-1.0/libraries/LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.h:82: error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual size_t LiquidCrystal::write(uint8_t)’
(path)/arduino-1.0/hardware/Sanguino/cores/arduino/Print.h:40: error:   overriding ‘virtual void Print::write(uint8_t)’

Is this library incompatible with Sanguino? I'm using Sanguino-0023 which I think is ready to work with arduino-22. However, I'm using arduino-1.0
Hello,

i found this thread while being on the search on how to integrate Sanguino core into Arduino sdk 1.0 so please be gentle, i have no idea what Marlin is.

Here is my attempt:
[github.com]

LiquidCrystal was working for me so if thats your only problem you could give my core a try.

if your not familiar with git, just download the zip and replace the core with the content (but back it up!)

not sure if this Forum informs me on updates so if you further help plz drop me a line to flo 3g1l com.

this is still work in progress but when its done i will post a guide how to use a Sanguino with Arduino SDK 1.0 on the electronics section of 3g1l.com.

Cheers
January 29, 2012 03:44AM
Emili33 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this library incompatible with Sanguino? I'm
> using Sanguino-0023 which I think is ready to work
> with arduino-22. However, I'm using arduino-1.0

Arduino 1.0 is known to be incompatible with some RepRap firmwares; I don't know if Marlin is affected, but it would seem worth trying Arduino 0022.
February 02, 2012 07:42AM
Thanks to everyone above,

I used Ardunio-22 and now MArlin complies, loads and moves/heats things just fine now (calibration notwithstanding)
(I did need to copy the Sanguino directory into the /hardware directory)

Just as an aside - my flat was so cold this morning that a real inside temperature plus/minus fluctuations meant the default MINTEMP of 5deg C caused my extruder to turn off before I even got started ("Extruder switched off MINTEMP triggered"). So, a little configuration.h work to do..............Damn my central heating!

Cheers

Pete
February 03, 2012 03:17PM
Flackster, good to hear you got it to compile - I use Marlin and Slic3r and can print better than when I started (used Sprinter and Skeinforge)...
Regarding your problem with the MINTEMP - I have had the same problems with my setup. The simple way is to make yourself a nice cup of tea/coffee or whatever hot drink you like, and sit the cup on your heatbed just about where the thermistor is... After a couple of minutes, you get to 5 degrees and the heater will switch on. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 06, 2012 10:59AM
Godo thoughts!

My solution was to dig out a hair dryer I normally use for fanning my BBQ

Cheers

Pete
February 07, 2012 02:37PM
I got Marlin to compile with Arduino 0023, and loaded to the board. Checked to make sure the baud rate matched in the firmware and pronterface and the motors don't move the axes smoothly. They will move, but very noisy and shudderly (like my new word?). Sounds horrible.
Any suggestions?
February 19, 2012 11:46PM
I did not have the 1/16 stepping jumpers installed, which caused the motors to actup.
March 10, 2012 12:23PM
Been having uploading compiled files issues and have tried many versions.

Went to arduino-1.0 with Marlin 1.0 Rev2 (latest). Had the same "crystal" comeup forgot how i fixed that. But Arduino SW locks into the board fine and notes it on the bottom of the GUI so think I'm in the right direction. Just need to fix the 'digitalWrite' error so she will finish uploading.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login