Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin and SD Print does not finish

Posted by egenoup 
Marlin and SD Print does not finish
March 13, 2012 07:55AM
I'm running a Prusa Mendel V2 with a Sanguinololu 1.3 controller, SD Ramps with modified connector for Sanguino, Marlin 1.0.0 RC2 firmware, slic3r 0.7.1 and prontoface latest version. I can load and print from prontoface just fine. At the end of the print, the platform is moved to the front, all motors are shutdown and the heaters are shutdown. Life is good! When put the file on an SD card (using and USB to uSD adapter) and then fire-off the print from prontoface, the build goes fine until the very end. At then end, the motors are left on, bed and extruder at last temperature and the build plate is not moved forward. This would normally not be much of an issue, with the exception that I get a glob of plastic where the head stopped moving.

This seems like Marlin is not executing the last few lines or is leaving commands in the pipeline. Anyone have any ideas?.

Egenoup
Re: Marlin and SD Print does not finish
March 13, 2012 09:14AM
Maybe repeat the last lines of gcode (homing, shutting down motors and heaters...) a few times to see if that's really what is happening ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Re: Marlin and SD Print does not finish
March 14, 2012 01:03AM
Figured out what was causing my prints to not complete when done from an SD card... The problem was comments added at the end of each part of the "start/end" gcode (slicer allows you to add gcode to the beginning and end of the gcode generation). I had copied the start/end code from a website I came across and the code was commented (semicolon before the comment) in line with the gcode. Once I moved the comments to their own line, The SD prints completed.

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login