Advanced

Marlin uploading/compiling errors

Posted by jininjin 
Marlin uploading/compiling errors
April 15, 2012 05:36PM
I am getting these errors:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

I tried the work-around. Holding reset button for 10 secs until the "Binary sketch size: 44904 bytes (of a 63488 byte maximum)" shows up.
The auto-rst has a jumper on it. I tried arduino_v 18 and arduino_v23 both have the same error.

It compiles fine for yesterdays Marlin_V1 version. I downloaded the update version today which doesn't compile properly.....

Errors here: LiquidCrystal lcd(LCD_PINS_RS, LCD_PINS_ENABLE, LCD_PINS_D4, LCD_PINS_D5,LCD_PINS_D6,LCD_PINS_D7); //RS,Enable,D4,D5,D6,D7

with a hole bunch of these errors: ultralcd:34: error: 'LCD_PINS_RS' was not declared in this scope
I presume this is a different issue.

Any suggestions? My computers all recognize the board as FT232R USB UART

My setup:
Sanguinololu 1.3a w/ atmega644p

EDiT: I just read this: [www.arduino.cc] Since I bought the atmega chip from mouser do you think I need to change the fuses or whatever they are talking about? I'm completely new to everything...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 11:42PM by jininjin.
Re: Marlin uploading/compiling errors
April 16, 2012 08:53AM
Factory-fresh ATmegas have neither the fuses set for RepRap purposes, nor a bootloader uploaded. You have to buy a ISP programmer or build one for the parallel port. Everything working on an Arduino works on a Sanguinololu as well, so you can google on what to do.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

April 16, 2012 08:54AM
P.S.: this should help, too: [reprap.org]

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

April 16, 2012 12:55PM
Thanks. I did use the usbtiny to successfully load the bootloader although im not sure how to set the fuses. I think Ill try again see if I can find more data about bootloading.
April 18, 2012 09:02AM
I was having the same LCDpin issues, forumpost . In the bottom of the configuration.h file I just commented "//" out all of the SDreader and LCD stuff.

My issue now is no homing and no negative movement no matter how I set the logic of the optostops! I even checked the logic with M119 and they output correctly. No idea how to fix my problem

Ryan
Quality Engineer & Hobbyist
thingsandtrains.blogspot.com
April 19, 2012 12:18AM
I thought I would try redoing the bootloader but it fails..similar to before although I did manage to load it once. not sure what to do at the moment. I presume my soldering job wasn't that great since it was my first time. Anyone know what to look for? I can communicate with the FTDI chip fine with Putty. So I presume its something to do with the Atmega 644p chip or at least the solder connections. I attached pictures if that helps.

Does the LED for the Sanguino blink when you hit the reset button? currently mine doesn't appear to do anything but I am not sure if its supposed to affect the LED.

I bought a multimeter but not sure how to use it. I read to switch it to the sound setting so it would beep when I test the connections. I find some beep and some do not....

I think I reached my limit so I hope I don't have to waste money and buy a fully assembled board. Any help is appreciated!
Attachments:
open | download - Bottom2.jpg (596.4 KB)
open | download - Bottom1.jpg (591.9 KB)
open | download - Top.jpg (355.8 KB)
April 19, 2012 04:42AM
Mmm that's strange, it's the first time I see an ATMEL chip with no label at all.

Where did you get it ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
April 19, 2012 08:42AM
DeuxVis for some reason that photo made it look like the label wasnt there. Its there, I got it from Mouser
Attachments:
open | download - photo (2).JPG (143.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login