Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tool setup to rebuild Monotronics firmware

Posted by delory 
Tool setup to rebuild Monotronics firmware
April 16, 2012 12:11AM
Hi All,

I am a newbie, so please forgive me if I use the incorrect lingo/codenames/etc.. for all the parts...

I have developed a Prusa, based on the Monotronics board supplied by TechZone (see [reprap.org])

I need to calibrate the firmware to suit my machine geometry.
I have downloaded the latest firmware for this board - dated Feb18, 2011 (see [reprap.org])
I have downloaded the Arduino IDE (Version 0021), and added the Sanguino extensions (http://code.google.com/p/sanguino/downloads/list Sanguino-0023r3) to \arduino-0021\hardware\Sanguino.

I start Arduino, and then open the file;
\MonotronicsFirmware02182011\reprap mono firmware-New tip manage with bed old coms\FiveD_GCode\FiveD_GCode_Interpreter\FiveD_GCode_Interpreter.pde

When I attempt to compile an image (Menu | Sketch | Verify/Compile) I get a heap of related errors, all which say;
error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope (eg. process_g_code:151: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope ....etc...)

This is ususally one of several problems;
1) Is there is a library missing? or
2) Is there a file missing from the firmware? or
3) Have the tools not been configured correctly? or
4) something else?

As I am unfamiliar with Arduino/Sanguino/ the firmware for the monotronics board, could someone point me in the right direction to resolve this problem? Thanks
Re: Tool setup to rebuild Monotronics firmware
April 16, 2012 08:49AM
To test your compiler setup, you can compile and upload the Blink example coming with the Arduino IDE. If this works and the firmware doesn't, the firmware is at fault.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

April 16, 2012 03:03PM
I have it working here. the only difference with your setup seems to be versions :

- I use arduino studio 022 (don't think that matters).
- I use sanguino extension version Sanguino-0018r2_1_4.zip (might be worth trying that).

Apart from that, sorry can only throw a "works for me" confused smiley

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
April 20, 2012 07:43PM
Thanks for you comments all..

Looks like a typical version/compatibility mess.. I installed arduino_0018 and sanguino-0018r2_1_4 and they work together...

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login