Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Optiboot?

Posted by Knimrod 
Optiboot?
March 08, 2013 10:40PM
Okay.. So I received my new, spare Sanguinololu board today from Botronicz. It cam with a ATMega1284P pre-programmed with Sprinter and Optiboot bootloader. From a hardware point of view it's identical to the Sanguinololu w/ATmega1284p I've been using. However, the bottloader is different. I want/need to program my own version of Marlin RC2 on this but I'm getting this error from Arduino when I attempt to upload the firmware: "avrdude: serial_baud_lookup(): unknown baud rate: 250000".

The Botronicz board came with a page of instructions for changing the boards.txt file to allow "upload in any version of Arduimo IDE" and I did the specified steps. I suspect this has something to do with the Optiboot bootloader in the Botronicz board which is different then the ATmega bootloader I've been running in my current board.

Does anyone know how to fix this so I can upload my firmware?

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 11:35PM by Knimrod.
Re: avrdude: serial_baud_lookup(): unknown baud rate: 250000
March 08, 2013 11:34PM
Apparently, the problem has to do with changing the upload protocol. If I leave it a STK500v1, I get the above baud rate message. If I change the upload protocol to "arduino" as instructed by Botronicz, I get a new message: avrdude: Can't find programmer id "arduino".

This makes sense because there is no programmer defined for "arduino"...

How can I fix this? Is this a problem because of optiboot and a non-standard baud rate???

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Optiboot?
March 09, 2013 09:59AM
Solved (I think)...

I replaced the hardware/tools folder in Arduino 0023 with the hardware tools/folder from Arduino 1.0 and that lets me program with the "Arduino" protocol.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login