Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Firmware : Perpetual wait loop

Posted by TheHackerArtist 
Repetier Firmware : Perpetual wait loop
September 28, 2014 10:28AM
Hi,

I have been attempting to print the following universal roller wheel for my colorfabb spool and I've been running into various issues that I cannot trouble-shoot.

Printer specs :
  • Repetier firmware
  • Wilson TS
  • Printing PLA @ 188 celcius
  • Running off of gcode printron my nexus 7
  • Slicing done with slic3r
  • I have accomplished various successful prints in the past

First off, I had two extruder jams, the moment the printer switched from normall infil to solid infill. I beleived I had solved my issues by changing the extrusion witdh parameter in slic3r's advanced settings. It was set to 0.67mm witdh by default where as my nozzle head was 0.4mm wide. This was unreasonably large at 0.2mm extrusion height. I set it to 210% or 0.42 mm which is what I have measure as my extrudion witdh with calipers.

My third and forth attempts also failed. The printer initially fell in a perpetual ''wait'' cycle right in the middle of the first layer. I restarted the print. Then, the second attempt with my new extrusion settings failed again. This time, the printer fell in a perpetual ''wait'' loop after printing about 1/8 th the top flat layer of the base of the spool holder. This is also where my extruder jams occured in the past, slightly before in fact. But i do not know if there is a connection between both issues. The clear relation is that all issues occured on the first layer of a solid infill ( which i set to 2 in slic3r)

Why would it fall in a perpetual waiting loop? That has never happened to me before I changed the lop layer setting in slic3r...

Firmware? Host software? G-code issues? I'm really puzzled...

Thank you.

TheHackerArtist
Re: Repetier Firmware : Perpetual wait loop
October 02, 2014 01:38PM
Hi TheHackerArtist,

when you enable debug logging in the GCodePrintr App and send me the console output (long press on console -> send by email) then I can see if I can spot the problem.

regards

Mathias Dietz
(GCodePrintr Developer)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login