Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Web Control - No Input from Printer

Posted by Pole04 
Duet Web Control - No Input from Printer
January 21, 2016 10:40AM
I have just finished configuring dc42's firmware for my new Duet 0.8.5 and last night I was able to successfully connect to the Web Control for the printer.

I can move the head around using the buttons so I know I am actually connected, but after that not much else is working with the Web Control.
The temperature chart does not show anything. When I attempt to heat the bed or nozzle, I can enter the desired temperature, but it is never indicated on the screen. The bed actually heats, but the chart never updates, and the temperature I have it set to still shows as 0.
I also can use G and M commands, but nothing ever shows in the log. I checked the box to log all successful commands in log just to make sure.
I can home each axis, but the Web Control screen never updates that axis as being homed.

A little info about my printer setup: I have an ATX powering for 12V, the USB is plugged in to power the board, and I have an Ethernet cable running from my router to the printer. I went ahead and did an IP reservation for the printer in the router and associated the MAC address just to make sure it was not a router issue. I have both a yellow and green light on the Duet's Ethernet socket.

It seems like the printer is not updating the Web Control at all. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2016 10:43AM by Pole04.
Re: Duet Web Control - No Input from Printer
January 21, 2016 03:49PM
Please check in the web interface Settings page that the web interface you are running is DuetWebControl version 1.07 or 1.08 (1.08 is recommended).

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 21, 2016 05:43PM
The settings page says 1.06 I will get that updated now. Thanks!
January 21, 2016 05:48PM
The new 1.08 Web Control works beautifully. Thanks for the help dc42!
January 21, 2016 08:34PM
Is there any way to completely disable the Z-Probe? It will not recognize my Z-axis as homed and I believe that it is because it thinks there is a probe present. I don't have a probe yet eye rolling smiley

When I do an M119, I get that the Z-Probe is "Not Stopped"

In my config I have:

M574 X1 Y1 Z1 S1
M558 P0

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2016 08:42PM by Pole04.
January 22, 2016 05:51AM
Just to be sure, use M558 X0 Y0 Z0 P0.

Have you altered homez.h and homeall.g to use an endstop switch instead of a Z probe for Z homing? Instead of the usual G30 command you will need to use G1 S1 commands, as you do for X and Y homing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2016 02:57AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 22, 2016 04:10PM
That did the trick! Cheers! smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login