Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M600 change filament custom code

Posted by DesignSmurf 
M600 change filament custom code
April 01, 2017 05:49AM
Hi all, a question related to Marlin Firmware and the M600 change filament command.

the change filament M600 works, but I need a slightly different set of commands to run a filament change.
I have tried to do this with a custom menu item and a couple of ' enquecommand ' lines to perform the necessary steps
Unfortunately it doesn't work all the way. Maybe you can provide me a solution... (not a start an C+ coding)

This is what I need:

when a filament change is needed:

- I press a menu Item (change filament)
- extruder moves up 5mm
- extruders moves to X3 Y3
- NO rewind in filament here!!
- wait with beeping sound

(here I change the filament cartridge, when done I press the 'finish change filament ' menu option)

- First the extruder needs to extrude an amount (E+1000) of filament at it's current position.(X3 Y3)
- move back to the original print
- reset to the original E value (E-1000 at this point) WITHOUT the extruder motor actually moving or turning backwards
- move down 5mm
- continue printing.

My issue is with the Rewinding of filament. Whatever I try, I can't reset the E value after E+1000 extrusion to the Original Value from when I press for a change filament.
So It will either rewind before the E+1000 command (normal M600, I don't want that) or it will rewind after the E+1000 command to get back to its original E value where it stopped printing for filament change!

Any solutions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login