MarlinKimbra MK4due extra endstops- how to

Posted by Coolerooney 
MarlinKimbra MK4due extra endstops- how to
May 19, 2019 01:55PM
Hi

The MK4Duo fork of`Marlin supports extra endstops for the extra motors

Where do I connect the wires to?

It is Feature and in Configuration Cartesian tabs

Please be very clear in your reply, `i am a real Noob. winking smiley)

Thx

/*****************************************************************************************
********************************** X-axis two driver ************************************
*****************************************************************************************
* This section will allow you to use extra drivers to drive a second motor for X *
* Uncomment this define to utilize a separate stepper driver for each X axis motor. *
* If the motors need to spin in opposite directions set INVERT X2 VS X DIR. *
* If the second motor needs its own endstop set X TWO ENDSTOPS. *
* Extra endstops will appear in the output of 'M119'. *
* ONLY Cartesian *
*****************************************************************************************/
//#define X_TWO_STEPPER_DRIVERS

#define INVERT_X2_VS_X_DIR false
//#define X_TWO_ENDSTOPS
/********************************

/*****************************************************************************************
************************* Endstop pullup resistors **************************************
*****************************************************************************************
* Put true for enable or put false for disable the endstop pullup resistors *
*****************************************************************************************/
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_X2MIN false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_Y2MIN false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_Z2MIN false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_Z3MIN false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_X2MAX false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_Y2MAX false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_Z2MAX false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_Z3MAX false
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZPROBE false
/*****************************************************************************************/

************************************ Endstops logic *************************************
* Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal *
* uses "false" here (most common setup). *
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X2_MIN_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y2_MIN_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z2_MIN_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z3_MIN_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X2_MAX_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y2_MAX_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z2_MAX_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z3_MAX_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_PROBE_ENDSTOP_LOGIC false // set to true to invert the logic of the probe.
/*****************************************************************************************/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2019 01:56PM by Coolerooney.
Re: MarlinKimbra MK4due extra endstops- how to
May 20, 2019 09:06AM
they are not defined

You need to find some pins that are free then tell the firmware which pins you used.

what file you need to update depends on what motherboard you have set.
May 22, 2019 03:10PM
Hi Dust,

In the MK4due i cannot find the pins allocation- especially in the pins.h tab, what am I missing here?

Thx

Best

Coolerooney
May 22, 2019 04:09PM
what controller board are you using?

This is the firmware you are using [github.com] ??

In Configuration_Basic.h what do you set #define MOTHERBOARD to ??

If its a name what number does it show in the page [github.com]

eg BOARD_RAMPS_13_EFB is 33

In [github.com] are lots of .h files, each file is a pins configuration for a particular controller.
so for eg 33.h is the pins file for a ramps

in this file for your controller you will find lines like

#define ORIG_Z2_MIN_PIN NoPin
#define ORIG_Z2_MAX_PIN NoPin
#define ORIG_Z3_MIN_PIN NoPin
#define ORIG_Z3_MAX_PIN NoPin
#define ORIG_Z4_MIN_PIN NoPin
#define ORIG_Z4_MAX_PIN NoPin
#define ORIG_Z_PROBE_PIN NoPin

you need to set these to the pin you intend to use as additional endstops.
May 23, 2019 04:59PM
Hi Dust

Playing with arduino mega and megatronics boards
Board nr set to the right nurmber 33

My Noob-ness: how and which number do i assign and where do you find it on the board?

Was in touch with MK by opening an issue on their Git page
Reaction is fairly quick too

Their recommendation is to use their firmware configurator- playing with this, you tick the boxes on the pages
So tick dual motors, carriages and extra endstops, then you actually get a box where you can select which pins you want to use
It starts with the pins for Fan 1 etc etc- so there is you would hook up the wires of de extra endstops
So this looks very good, however, they only mention X2 / Y2/Z2 min stops, not max
I will raise that with them tomorrow
May 23, 2019 05:00PM
Hi Dust

Playing with arduino mega and megatronics boards
Board nr set to the right nurmber 33

My Noob-ness: how and which number do i assign and where do you find it on the board?

Was in touch with MK by opening an issue on their Git page
Reaction is fairly quick too

Their recommendation is to use their firmware configurator- playing with this, you tick the boxes on the pages
So tick dual motors, carriages and extra endstops, then you actually get a box where you can select which pins you want to use
It starts with the pins for Fan 1 etc etc- so there is you would hook up the wires of de extra hendstops
So this looks very good, however, they only mention X2 / Y2/Z2 min stops, not max
I will raise that with them tomorrow

Best

Coolerooney
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login