Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What firmware for Mendel/Mega 2650/RAMPS?

Posted by DGC PartWorks 
What firmware for Mendel/Mega 2650/RAMPS?
October 18, 2012 02:13AM
I just got a Mendel with an Arduino Mega 2650 and what appears to be a RAMPS daughterboard. I don't know what firmware is in it (and likely won't be able to find out) but as it is I get massive communication errors.

GCodeWriter.getresponse() dud response from RepRap etc. etc.

I get this error over and over.

It never responds to manual commands from the XYZ tab, but if I try to print a gcode file it occasionally homes the Y or X axis then stops. At one point the extruder turned on - I know because of the hot plastic smell. Most of the time, though, it just flies through the code and states that the file was sent, but of course nothing happened except a boat load of errors (see above).

I can get this activity at 115200 baud, but at any other rate it just hangs at startup (with only the command prompt showing) and never opens the reprap interface at all.

Any suggestions would be helpful, but I'm guessing I might be better off replacing the firmware so that I know what's in there and have a fighting chance of making it work.

So... what would be the recommended firmware for my machine hosted by RepRap on a Windows XP box? And where might I find step by steps on compiling and installing said firmware?

Much obliged..
Re: What firmware for Mendel/Mega 2650/RAMPS?
November 22, 2012 09:21AM
sorry for the delay

look like marlin could be a good choice easy to compile and transfer to the mega
and pronterface is a good software (i uses these easely)

you could get pronterface for windows with build in slic3er
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login