Advanced

Merlin setup

Posted by feenx 
Merlin setup
October 25, 2012 02:59AM
but I'm still getting a blank screen after uploading merlin
Thanks
Rick

I have a problem with setting up Merlin v1 R3 to my Ramps 1.4 ULTIMATE KIT+Smart LCD controller.
I tried to follow the Configuration instructions from reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Smart_Controller.

but theres a line in the pin.h that I can't find.

//STOP / KILL button

define KILL_PIN 41 //[RAMPS14-SMART-ADAPTER]

when I upload Merlin to my board the Smart LCD controller stays blank.
am I missing something here ?
Im I to add this line in somewhere ?

Thanks for the help
Rick

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 07:55PM by feenx.
Mal
Re: Merlin setup
October 28, 2012 02:25AM
I think you may mean Marlin. I dont have my kit yet but have been checking things out prior to its arival hopefull in the next couple of days.
If you are not used to programming languages it might be a good idea to check out an arduino tutorial plenty of them around just google. But to get you on your way:-

The // indicates everything that follows (on that line) is a comment and is ignored by the compiler and is not really important what is important is everything after the # as in #define which is defining a variable for the compiler thus in his instructions

//STOP / KILL button
1.define KILL_PIN 41 //[RAMPS14-SMART-ADAPTER]

//lcd pins
1.define LCD_PINS_RS 16 //[RAMPS14-SMART-ADAPTER]
2.define LCD_PINS_ENABLE 17 //[RAMPS14-SMART-ADAPTER]

Cheers Mal
October 29, 2012 03:30AM
Thanks your right it's Marlin not Merlin I guess I watch to much tv.

I'm useing Arduino 023
I did configure Marlin again exactly the way it's says to do it and I don't get any errors .
then I upload it but it still gives me a blank screen .
I'm lost on what to do next.
Rick
October 29, 2012 07:53AM
Everything connected correctly?! Did you enable the LCD Option in Configuriations.h??
Mal
October 30, 2012 07:39PM
How did you get on? Receieved mine yesterday and set it up dont have stepper motors yet but LCS and encoder and menu working perfectly. You may want to check the ARduino 23 setting if you are using repraddiscounts RAMPS it is a MEGA2560 and Motherboard should be 33 also as SCUBA sugest check your configuration file you need to have #Define ULTIPANEL enabled. (remove the //)
Cheers

Cheers Mal
October 30, 2012 08:26PM
Thanks Guys
I got it to work.........I had the baud rate set wrong.
I had it set at 115200 instead of 250000.
I'm not sure how I missed that but the RepRapDiscount_Smart_Controller doesn't like the slower baud rate.

Thanks Again
Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login