Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin with TB6560 drivers

Posted by Megane008 
Marlin with TB6560 drivers
November 20, 2012 06:37PM
Hello,

I have a big problem with setting up Marlin to work with my version of printer.
my specs: Arduino mega 1280 + Ramps 1.4
Im driving X,Y with Arduino + Ramps 1.4 and stepsticks drivers works properly
Im driving Z with Arduino + Ramps 1.4 and from Ramps 1.4 I have connected coresponding pins
#define Z_STEP_PIN 46
#define Z_DIR_PIN 48
#define Z_ENABLE_PIN 62
by wire to bigger drivers on TB6560 using paralel port and paralel cable as specified
Im driving E with Arduino + Ramps 1.4 and from Ramps 1.4 I have connected coresponding pins
#define E0_STEP_PIN 26
#define E0_DIR_PIN 28
#define E0_ENABLE_PIN 24
by wire to bigger drivers on TB6560 using paralel port and paralel cable as specified

without any changes in firmware only X,Y,Z works and E motor makes strange noise and doesnt work at all
when I use diferent firmware Teacup after few editing I managed to make it running. What I had to change is in smting like fastio.h I changed
#define DIO26_PIN PINA4
#define DIO26_RPORT PINA
#define DIO26_WPORT PORTA
#define DIO26_DDR DDRA
#define DIO26_PWM NULL
to
#define DIO26_PIN PINA4
#define DIO26_RPORT PINA
#define DIO26_WPORT PORTA
#define DIO26_DDR DDRA
#define DIO26_PWM &OCR3BL

and its working
But when I do the similar exchange in Marlin - I change #define DIO26_PWM to any pwm out on chip like &OCR3BL its not working.

I want to ask how I should edit the firmware to make it work cause what I found out the drivers on TB6560 work only if the arduino sends PWM from chip pin instead of NULL in #define DIO26_PWM but I dont know how I should define it or if I should redefine the E pins so they use pins where PWM is possible in original arduino chip schema? Anyone can help me ?

Thanks
Re: Marlin with TB6560 drivers
November 21, 2012 08:25AM
i think i'read somewhere a post about pb with these chips, the length of the command impulses must be far longer than for the polulu so the pwm need to be adjusted
November 21, 2012 09:07AM
My memory was right
[github.com]

may be asking ther could be an idea
November 22, 2012 08:43AM
Thanks a lot for help
yesterday I downloaded new version of Marlin and whoala it works without problems even with TB6560 drivers. So if you want I can document it and post it somewhere so you can see for yourself that TB6560 arent so badtongue sticking out smiley for me they work just fine and give me power I need for Z and for extruder so I can push 3MM fillament on 200 mm/min speed:-)
November 22, 2012 09:13AM
could be a good idea to post your setting you use with the 6560 for the next one who step on the pb

thank you

(the pololu are quite enough for my small prusa for now -and myhot end surely can't work at that speed !)
November 22, 2012 09:19AM
well if you use J-head you can, you need to heat up to 250 for ABS and then you need strong stepper motor on E, Im using my own build direct drive with nema 23 driven by TB6560 drivers which give rly high torque
November 23, 2012 01:49AM
Hello,

PEEK usually softens around 250 degrees. Personally, I wouldn't heat the hot-ends up to more than 240 degrees in order to ensure that there is a margin of error.

Regards,

Brian
April 25, 2013 02:41AM
Hello.
I am having similar problems with TB6560 drivers, I am using Teacup firmware, I modified only INVERT_STEPPER_ENABLE according to the drivers, now the EN is correct, but when I command from pronterface movement to the axes nothing happens.
Could you help me to the same configs that you did in order to make the TB6560 work?
It seems that STEP and DIR inputs to the drivers never change, I connected them to some leds and the leds never blink, but maybe the impulses are way too fast...
Thanks a lot!
April 25, 2013 10:49AM
instead of led use an ear plug from your mp3 , even short impulse will give you sound.

may be with teacup you have the same pb than use to be with marlin : too short impulse
April 25, 2013 03:09PM
I made and attached the endstops to the board, hoping that maybe the firmware has some protection and doesn't run if it sees that endstops are not connected.
Now it seems that the DIR and STEP leds are lighting but still no stepper movement.
The stepper or make a buzzing sound, I even say some little steps but totally random.

Maybe the setting that I run are too fast for my stepper and they cannot follow?

Maybe I have some noisy 12 V line or other line?
I use a 470 pF capacitor for the drivers, maybe I should replace it with one with a smaller value, I know that I read that smaller capacitors and higher voltages are better.
I also talked to the guy from maket-city, he made the board and he said that he didn't modify anything related to the pulses length and it ran ok with the default Teacup firmware, only with inverted line.
April 25, 2013 03:54PM
I don't know i use marlin with ramp, no exp with other harware
April 25, 2013 05:17PM
Worked with an old driver.
Now I have to figure out which is the difference between old driver and new one.
Basically they are the same.
Very strange.
April 25, 2013 06:31PM
which old driver?

if it worked with pololu or the same A4988 but not with the tb6550 the only difference is the pulse width which must be greater for the tb6550 (a lot ! ) see the spec in the data sheet
April 26, 2013 02:52AM
Old driver with tb grinning smiley
I think ~reset wired to en in my driver is the problem. I will pullup ~reset as it is in the old one and hope this is it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login