Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa - Megatronics V2 - endstops ignored while printing

Posted by [email protected] 
Prusa - Megatronics V2 - endstops ignored while printing
March 02, 2013 11:56AM
Hey,

I'm building a Prusa with Megatronics 2 with Marlin firmware.
I use Slicer and Pronterface.

I have set a lot of variables in Slicer and in the Firmware, but I must be overlooking something?

I think I'm almost there, but I have an issue.

In pronterface, when I home the extruder, the end-stops do what they have to do, everything seems to go well.
(I had to inverse the direction of all the steppers first)

But when I start printing from home position, with a small, bed-centered object, the extruder does not center, and the x and y endstops are overruled, resulting in gears skipping teeth!

When I "help" the x an y axis away from their endstops, the print job seems to go fine (I don't use filament yet obviously not to make a mess)

how could that be? any ideas?

thx

Turok
Re: Prusa - Megatronics V2 - endstops ignored while printing
March 02, 2013 12:54PM
Look in configuration_adv,h. In the mechanical settings section.
Comment out this line if you want to use the end stops at other times, although I heard this adds potential other issues.

#define ENDSTOPS_ONLY_FOR_HOMING // If defined the endstops will only be used for homing
March 02, 2013 02:00PM
I've seen that setting.
Haven't tried it yet, because my extruder shouldnt go there at all.

I think I've solved it partially by AGAIN switching the steppers directions, and also changing the endstop-logic. now the extruder goes in the correct direction to start.
I also tinkered with the bed_centre, and it seems like it is better now.

But still!

I tried printing a small object, still without actual PLA, just to see the movements.
It seems to start out right, but I think the X-axis has a problem:
To me it seems like the stepper is working better when it moves to the left than it is when it moves to the right, because after a few layers, the extruder starts to wander off to the left. (and still hits the switch after a while)

any ideas on that?
March 02, 2013 02:11PM
Sounds like you are missing steps while printing. Check your stepper voltages . Might need to turn them up slightly.
Or you have a pulley slipping on the stepper.
March 13, 2013 11:57PM
try swapping your X and Y stepper motors . If the problem moves from the X axis to the Y axis then chances are you have 1 bad/ weak stepper motor coil in your stepper motor
March 14, 2013 11:20AM
or badly crimped connections on your stepper motor molex connectors
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login