Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin - Ramps 1.4 - X & Y start jittering during print

Posted by bbriggstkd 
Marlin - Ramps 1.4 - X & Y start jittering during print
March 31, 2013 11:04PM
I'm just setting up this new printer. I have a Ramps 1.4 board with Marlin. The Y and X axis seem to be running fine when I move them through Pronterface.

When I start a print it starts our ok but not too far into the first layer, the X and Y axis just start to jitter. It starts moving with small quick movements then just stops. I have to power off the board and disconnect Pronterface. Then when I power everything back on, it works again.

Here are some of my Marlin settings.
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500,500, 5, 45} // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {300,300,20,400}

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 200 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 100 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for r retracts

#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 10.0 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)

Any one have any Ideas?
Re: Marlin - Ramps 1.4 - X & Y start jittering during print
April 01, 2013 07:53AM
Here is a video of what is happening.
Attachments:
open | download - Print.wmv (542.3 KB)
April 03, 2013 11:50AM
First guess would be stepper motor stalling / not enough power.
Have you set the power to the steppers correctly

maybe try lowering your print speeds to see if the problem changes
April 03, 2013 12:51PM
Looks like I have this resolved. Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. (I posted it in the general section also)

I kind of feel foolish. I had tried adjusting the pots wheel to adjust the power to the motors even before I posted the question. Since some people responded with stepper/power issues, I took another look. Once I used a magnifying glass to look at the wheel, I noticed it was different than on my other boards. This one has stops for min and max, my other ones just have a dial. Once I did get it adjusted correctly, it started working for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login