Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin Sanguinololu compile error

Posted by cobrageek 
Marlin Sanguinololu compile error
April 10, 2013 10:45AM
Looking around in this forum it doesn't sound uncommon to have compile errors. I was jumping for joy when I finally got arduino to talk to my sanguinololu, but then trying to upgrade to the latest marlin firmware ran into these issues. Here is the vital information:

sanguinololu 1.3a
Arduino-1.0.4
Sanguino-0101r1 files copied correctly into the hardware directory
I use the "Sanguino W/ ATmega644P" baord selection and the correct COM port (3 in my case).
open Marlin.pde, but get this error when I compile:

In file included from /Marlin.h:23,
from cardreader.cpp:1:
/pins.h:790:3: error: #error Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu.

I was following the marlin instructions bug used the latest arduino tools. I didn't install ReplicatorG as I didn't really see that as a requirement for compile or to use marlin at all. I had selected the correct board and selecting "Arduino Mega" as suggested would be wrong I'm sure.

Just this morning I saw a suggestion to go back to Arduino v23, but then someone else didn't think it was a good plan. I guess I don't really care about any new features of arduino, just that I can use it to upload the firmware. I don't expect to use arduino SW to do anything other than update the firmware.

What is the recommended approach?
Sorry if this is a repeated question, but I did search around (but maybe didn't use the right words).
Thanks.

I have seen a suggestion on the forum to use teh
Re: Marlin Sanguinololu compile error
April 10, 2013 01:06PM
Afaik that error comes up if you don't select the right board in configuration.h
April 10, 2013 04:34PM
Ah, that's interesting. So you're supposed to change the board type in configuration.h? I changed it in board.txt for arduino but it makes sense that I need to change it in configuration.h

Honestly, figuring out all the right settings in configuration.h is a daunting task. Is there some good documentation for what all these settings mean and how to figure out what to put in for them?

Thanks for helping a newbie.
April 10, 2013 07:00PM
Did a little more playing with google and ended up with this page which is pretty good. Let me know if you see any other such "help" documents on the configuration.h as I'm a total newbie and will need all the help I can get. (even with that I'm sure I'll be posting something about printing backwards or something :-)).

[airtripper.com]
April 11, 2013 08:04PM
You can fix that in firmware too. I had all of the exact problems you had. Fixed them with setting it to com3, and changing to board type 62 in configuration.h

Now if only I could get the *&^%$ thing to run on my Raspberry Pi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login