Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperature swings and thermistor problem - Sprinter

Posted by JBernal 
Temperature swings and thermistor problem - Sprinter
April 10, 2013 06:08PM
I recently updated Sprinter firmware to the latest version. Using Sanguinololu v1.3, ATMega644p.
The old firmware that came on the board was Sprinter but I don't know which version. It had no problems keeping the hot end temperature right on the line. Maybe 1-2 degrees of slack when extruding heavily but never more than that. It was an old version before there was acceleration/deceleration, big difference as it used to shake the whole table it was on.
After updating the firmware it runs much more smoothly but I see wide temperature swings, up to 10 degrees higher or lower than its set temp. I managed to reduce it a bit by turning on temperature smoothing with a factor of 4 (the default 16 does poorly). Ideally I would like to bring it back to its old settings where it kept the temp right on the line, since none of the hardware has changed.
Also, I tried making the thermistor type more correct (to the Honeywell one, #7) but while it compiles and uploads correctly, when connecting to it via Pronterface, it gives me a weird error and never quite connects:

Sprinter

And that's it. Nothing happens. If I roll back to the old 100k basic thermistor setting, it works fine.

Any ideas to either fix the thermistor bugginess or get stability back to my temperatures? Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login