Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacup avrdude verification error

Posted by awmt102 
Teacup avrdude verification error
October 05, 2013 05:17PM
Hi,

I am trying to add a fan to my teacup based reprap. When I tried to reprogram it failed with an avrdude verification error. In order to investigate I reverted back to my original working firmware:
//            name      port   pwm
DEFINE_HEATER(extruder, DIO3,  1)
DEFINE_HEATER(bed,      DIO4,  1)
//DEFINE_HEATER(fan,      DIO14, 1)

and tried to simply swap the heated bed and extruder pins (so I check how a 'simple' firmware change would go).

//            name      port   pwm
DEFINE_HEATER(extruder, DIO4,  1)
DEFINE_HEATER(bed,      DIO3,  1)
//DEFINE_HEATER(fan,      DIO14, 1)
It failed with the message:

Binary sketch size: 18248 bytes (of a 63488 byte maximum)
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x3638
         0x2c != 0x2b
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Thanks

Andy
Re: Teacup avrdude verification error
October 06, 2013 06:10AM
This isn't a compilation error, it's an upload failure. The changed code compiled already before the avrdude is started. Did you manage to uploading something else already? If this happens only occasionally, e.g. due to a serial line sensible for electromagnetic radiation, simply try until it works.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 06, 2013 11:42AM
Hi,

At first I thought this was just happening when changing a few pins (since up until then changing Esteps was working fine), however it is now failing every time no matter what is changed. It seems to me that the bootloader is not working properly. I need to reflash it, but need to borrow a laptop with a parallel port to do this. I will see what happens when I get hold of one.

Thanks

Andy
November 11, 2013 01:33PM
Its been a while but i finally got around to trying a few more things:

Reflashed the bootloader - did not help.
Tried two brand new ATMega644p chips (with verfiied bootloaders) - did not help

I then had a minor improvement in things...

Recompiled firmware on a separate machine and tried to program - did not help at first...
Reflashed the bootloader on one of the new chips, setting all empty memory locations to 0x00, then reflashed the firrmware on the new machine - this worked! BUT....

Changed a value in the firmware, recompiled, reflashed - failed but with a stk500v2 _ReceiveMessage(): timeout error this time. All subsequent attempts fail with this error.

Any thoughts?
November 12, 2013 08:29AM

stk500v2 _ReceiveMessage(): timeout

Timeout means, there's no connection at all. For example, because Pronterface is still connected. Or avrdude processes are still running from earlier, failed attempts (kill them).

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login