Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help required with Marlin and Full Graphics LCD [Solved]

Posted by Chexfxdx 
Help required with Marlin and Full Graphics LCD [Solved]
November 22, 2013 03:53AM
Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the 3D printer world and have been slowly building my MendelMax 1.5. I am hoping someone on here can help me out with Marlin as I'm a bit out of my depth.

The problem is with getting the (RepRapDiscount) Full Graphic Smart Controller to be recognised, I have followed the instructions found here on the forum by installing u8glib as mentioned and I have uncommented the LCD controller line in the Configuration.h file but I keep getting this compile error:

ultralcd.cpp:26: error: initializer-string for array of chars is too long

I appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Cheers,
Glenn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2013 03:52AM by Chexfxdx.
Re: Help required with Marlin and Full Graphics LCD
November 23, 2013 02:36AM
Problem solved!!

For anyone else who stumbles upon the error I listed above, I just changed these lines in the Configuration.h file

#define ULTRA_LCD
#ifdef DOGLCD // Change number of lines to match the DOG graphic display
#define LCD_WIDTH 128 //( I changed this from 20 - Glenn)
#define LCD_HEIGHT 64 // (I changed this from 5 - Glenn)

Yeah, yeah, I know... it actually tells you to do that in the second line, but for someone who is overly cautious because of lack of programming skills, I even amazed myself this time grinning smiley

Cheers,
Glenn
Re: Help required with Marlin and Full Graphics LCD [Solved]
December 05, 2013 09:33AM
Helo, You said you found intructions on this forum for help with setting up the lcd. Can you tell me where. I have been searching and cannot find them anywhere. Thanks.
December 05, 2013 05:38PM
Hi jaxonday,

The information I found was quoted in the Configuration.h file in Marlin, I just had to read the relevent section and make the changes, I too, was unable to find any instructions anywhere, so I just tried different things until I figured it out. I am happy to help you if I am able but please remember that I am a newbie at this. What LCD do you have, is it the Full Graphic LCD Controller from RepRapDiscount.com (which looks like this)?

...and are you running Marlin?

Cheers,
Glenn
July 15, 2015 10:20AM
Had same problem on new marlin this has solved it thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 10:24AM by bonze77.
July 15, 2015 12:21PM
On current Marlin, I get this to go with nothing more than uncommenting REPRAP_GRAPHIC_DISCOUNT_CONTROLLER (close? . . . the point is, it's a 1 line uncomment, and that's it . . . two if you want the SD support as well) and *NO* other changes. Note that the Marlin version in the photos is very, very, very, VERY old, and likely that's where the problems come from . . . that or not using the top level #define and trying to do it the hard way by uncommenting ULTRALCD, DOGM... etc ala-carte.

- Tim
April 25, 2016 04:17PM
U8glib.h tiene que estar en la carpeta adruino/libraries
Asi lo solucione yo

U8glib.h must be in the adruino / libraries folder
So I solve it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login