Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uploading 'ArduinoSlaveExtruder' to extruder board error

Posted by tv7957ht 
Uploading 'ArduinoSlaveExtruder' to extruder board error
June 04, 2010 04:41PM
Hi. i was just finished my self-building PCB board... w/ motherboard and extruder board. I was completed burn a bootloader for both after that i was follow your instruction and completed to uploading a firmware to motherboard. However when i try to do the same way to upload firmware to extruder board i found this error at arduino IDE - 0018

"avrdude: stk500_paged_write(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x64
avrdude: failed to write flash memory, rc=-4"

what i was done to a extruder board.
1.) upload a bootloader from arduino IDE 0018
2.) i'm using a [github.com] (ArduinoSlaveExtruder)
3.) extruder board is connect to computer (windows XP) by TTL-232 cable and connect with main power supply from motherboard.
4.) I also done is push a reset button when arduino IDE 0018 display after completed the compiling.

here is a pic of my extruder board when pluging-in a main power supply and TTL-232 cable (remark : a debug red led is flicker)

link --- [photo.blog.sina.com.cn]

please advise me how to solve this problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2010 04:42PM by tv7957ht.
Re: Uploading 'ArduinoSlaveExtruder' to extruder board error
June 04, 2010 11:26PM
I have no knowledge of the github extruder firmware (yet?).

Do check that you have connected the USB/TTL cable the right way around -- on the Gen3 boards in the reprap.org svn, the serial wiring connections on the motherboard are the opposite of the serial wiring connections on the extruder board, so you have to turn the cable connector the other way up when connecting it to the extruder board. Accidentally connecting this cable wrong way around when programming the extruder board is apparently a common mistake... an easy one to make.

Jonathan
June 05, 2010 02:13AM
Do you mean just turn the USB/TTL cable which is a side connected to extruder board upside down as normal ? if i plug that cable to extruder board the debug red led dont flicker any more.... ist correct ? Sorry. until to now, i have no idea how to fix this problem...... can you tell me more detail how to fix it ?
June 07, 2010 06:36AM
tv9757ht
Do you mean just turn the USB/TTL cable which is a side connected to extruder board upside down as normal ?

Yes (if I am understanding you correctly).

When connected to the extruder board, the connector from the USB/TTL cable will be "upside down" compared to how it is when connected to the motherboard. The pinout of that connector is "the other way around" on the extruder board.

If that does not help, I do not know what to suggest you should try next. Others with more experience with that board may be able to suggest things to try.

Maybe you could load the extruder firmware by using the same ISP programmer that you used to load the bootloader into that extruder microcontroller? That way, you would not need to connect the USB-to-TTL cable to the extruder board at all.

Jonathan
I have the same problem (with an board from techzone remix) both mother(v1.2) and extruder(v2.2) board.

i have tryed to program it on another pc, but it didn't help.

please help me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login