Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help starting software for the first time

Posted by DMPurdy 
Need help starting software for the first time
June 28, 2015 12:26PM
Okay I have downloaded the software for my Prusa I3 kit on mac but have no clue how to even start it up? I know that the printer powers on and I attempted to print but the heat bed does not warm up nor the extruder. I am thinking I missed some step somewhere setting up software? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Need help starting software for the first time
June 29, 2015 02:41AM
Do you have a smart-LCD on your printer?
Did you try to connect the arduino to your Mac and run printrun/pronterface?
Is the downloaded software for the Mac or the arduino ( Firmware )?
Is it from the Distributor of your prusa kit or just a general Marlin file?
-Olaf
June 29, 2015 08:37AM
I don't have the lcd control panel. I had the arduino box come up but it seems like whatever I enter in it says an error at the bottom. I ran the Marlin software but wasn't sure if I needed to configure the ramps or how to access that. On the main printer interface it shows it is connected to the printer via usb and I am able to input the codes but nothing happens when it says it is printing or that it is waiting for heat bed which also does NOT work by the way. IDK, I didn't have any trouble putting the printer together but this will be the hardest part for me.
June 29, 2015 12:02PM
Are you sure, you have the right COM: port and BAUD-rate selected in the printer Interface?

If you want us to help you, we need more details:

whatever I enter in it says an error at the bottom
What error message?

I ran the Marlin software
What do you mean by that?

On the main printer interface it shows it is connected to the printer via usb
Does it show any data? Screenshot, please?

-Olaf
June 29, 2015 08:37PM
I get an unknown firmware waiting for printer error at the very bottom of Repetier host mac screen.

I will try and go over it here and explain all the errors/ inactivity better. I apologize for being too vague.
June 29, 2015 08:41PM
When I open the Marlin Epcos Ramps what am I supposed to type in exactly? I also do not understand the Arduino and what I am supposed to use it for?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login