Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

err: MAXTEMP + Cant control axis with repetier

Posted by Gadget 
err: MAXTEMP + Cant control axis with repetier
September 14, 2015 02:54PM
Hello,
My Prusa i3 is always showing Max temp error on the extruder. The thermistor is fine but even without a thermistor it shows max temp. The bed temperature is fine. Furthermore i cant control the axis over repetier. But over the printer itself it works?

Where might the Problems come from?
Re: err: MAXTEMP + Cant control axis with repetier
September 14, 2015 08:39PM
How do you know the thermistor is fine? Did you measure resistance with a multimeter?

IIRC, thermistor resistance varies inversely with temperature, so a max temp reading means a short circuit. The fact that it happens without the thermistor suggests that the short is on your RAMPS board.

Presumably you can control other aspects of the printer with Repetier (e.g. turn the bed temperature up and down or extrude)? And can read temperatures and so on with Repetier?
September 15, 2015 01:08AM
They also cross posted to [forums.reprap.org]

very annoying habbit.
September 15, 2015 10:22AM
It worked before without the error. I reuploadet Marlin after it apears but it is still there.

The only failure on the board i discovered was a burned resistor on the extruder stepper driver.

And yes i can set Auohome and contoll my printer over the LCD screen. ( but any heating function doesnt work)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2015 12:35PM by Gadget.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login