Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LCD won't work on mini-rambo running marlin

Posted by nz_andy 
LCD won't work on mini-rambo running marlin
September 18, 2015 01:04AM
Hi There,

I'm new to the forum but have been printing for some time using off the shelf machines, but now I'm haveing a go at an open source machine.
I have the machine up and running with a mini-rambo board running marlin (Arduino 1.6.5) but the LCD is not working.

The board is this one: https://ultimachine.com/content/lcd-smart-controller-kit-reprapdiscount

The encoder works OK and I can turn things on/off with it - but nothing on the display so pretty scary to run things that way...

I'm using the marlin development software as it the only one with the mini rambo board listed (302) https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/MarlinDev/

I have read through other posts on the subject (i can find) but have not found a solotion yet.
I have the #include at the top of the configeration.h file, also see below the code showing the typical setup in config.h:

#define DISPLAY_CHARSET_HD44780_JAPAN        // this is the most common hardware
  //#define DISPLAY_CHARSET_HD44780_WESTERN
  //#define DISPLAY_CHARSET_HD44780_CYRILLIC

#define ULTRA_LCD  //general LCD support, also 16x2
//#define DOGLCD  // Support for SPI LCD 128x64 (Controller ST7565R graphic Display Family)
#define SDSUPPORT // Enable SD Card Support in Hardware Console
//#define SDSLOW // Use slower SD transfer mode (not normally needed - uncomment if you're getting volume init error)
//#define SDEXTRASLOW // Use even slower SD transfer mode (not normally needed - uncomment if you're getting volume init error)
//#define SD_CHECK_AND_RETRY // Use CRC checks and retries on the SD communication
#define ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP 1 // Increase if you have a high resolution encoder
#define ENCODER_STEPS_PER_MENU_ITEM 5 // Set according to ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP or your liking
//#define ULTIMAKERCONTROLLER //as available from the Ultimaker online store.
//#define ULTIPANEL  //the UltiPanel as on Thingiverse
//#define SPEAKER // The sound device is a speaker - not a buzzer. A buzzer resonates with his own frequency.
//#define LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_DURATION_MS 100 // the duration the buzzer plays the UI feedback sound. ie Screen Click
//#define LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_HZ 1000         // this is the tone frequency the buzzer plays when on UI feedback. ie Screen Click
                                                 // 0 to disable buzzer feedback. Test with M300 S P
// PanelOne from T3P3 (via RAMPS 1.4 AUX2/AUX3)
// [reprap.org]
//#define PANEL_ONE

// The MaKr3d Makr-Panel with graphic controller and SD support
// [reprap.org]
//#define MAKRPANEL

// The Panucatt Devices Viki 2.0 and mini Viki with Graphic LCD
// [panucatt.com]
// ==> REMEMBER TO INSTALL U8glib to your ARDUINO library folder: [code.google.com]
//#define VIKI2
//#define miniVIKI

// This is a new controller currently under development.  [github.com]
//
// ==> REMEMBER TO INSTALL U8glib to your ARDUINO library folder: [code.google.com]
//#define ELB_FULL_GRAPHIC_CONTROLLER
//#define SD_DETECT_INVERTED

// The RepRapDiscount Smart Controller (white PCcool smiley
// [reprap.org]
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER

I would appreciate any help.

---
Also the SD card is reading fine as I managed to make a print from it but as above, can't see the screen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2015 07:35AM by nz_andy.
Re: LCD won't work on mini-rambo running marlin
October 02, 2015 01:49AM
I'm going to try and work this through from the pins to the controller then see if everything lines up in the software. I just put the below chart together based on the diagrams I found.

Some of the pins are not maped here: [www.arduino.cc]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2015 02:23AM by nz_andy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login