Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New RapRapFirmware release 1.09k-dc42 for Duet electronics

Posted by dc42 
New RapRapFirmware release 1.09k-dc42 for Duet electronics
September 20, 2015 10:59AM
I have just released this at [github.com] (to download it, follow this link and then press the Raw button). The changes since 1.09j-dc42 are:

• Added F (probing speed) and T (travel speed) parameters to M558 command
  • Removed M210 command because home feed rates are defined in the homing files and the M210 Z parameter no longer defines the Z probing speed
  • Increased UART interrupt priority to avoid dropping characters sent by PanelDue
  • Implemented M42 command, see [reprap.org] for supported pins
  • Bug fix: M558 P3 did not leave the Z probe control pin high
  • Bug fix: in version 1.09j only, moves surrounding a G92 E0 command were sometimes executed incorrectly (this affected printing of gcode files that use absolute extruder coordinates)
  • Bug fix: G4 dwell commands were sometimes executed before the previous move was complete
  • Fixed driver bugs to allow multiple sector reads/writes from/to the SD card
  • Increased SD card upload speed
  • Updated to latest Atmel HSMCI driver
  • Moved FileStore, MassStorage and Line classes into separate source files

The compatible web interface is still DuetWebControl 1.06.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New RapRapFirmware release 1.09k-dc42 for Duet electronics
September 20, 2015 12:05PM
Thank you for implementing M42 !
September 22, 2015 02:18AM
Is that any way to connect LCD to Duet?

It would be interesting to display the current parameters - temperature, status, etc.
September 22, 2015 05:55AM
Renatfg
Is that any way to connect LCD to Duet?

It would be interesting to display the current parameters - temperature, status, etc.

You can connect a colour touch screen control panel to the Duet. See [miscsolutions.wordpress.com] for details, although the photos on that page are out of date and the UI looks like this now.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

September 22, 2015 08:53AM
Yes, i know about it.

But i need only informatiom display. May be its possible?
September 29, 2015 04:54AM
How to disable heated Bed in firmware?

I dot have heated and dont coonect termistor. Web interface shows errors. How take it off?

Thank you!
September 29, 2015 05:51AM
Renatfg
How to disable heated Bed in firmware?

I dot have heated and dont coonect termistor. Web interface shows errors. How take it off?

Thank you!

Good point, I hadn't thought of that. I can't think of any way to disable the bed heater temperature reading in the existing firmware. You might like to ask on the Fisher subforum what other people do, because the Fisher uses my firmware fork on a Duet and doesn't have a heated bed.

One possibility that occurs to me is to connect a resistor to the heated bed thermistor pins. That will prevent the web interface indicating an error.

I will give some thought to how to disable the bed temperature in firmware, and liaise with the person who writes the web interface about this.

September 29, 2015 07:14AM
I just found that Christian Hammacher's fork of RepRapFirmware allows you to disable the heated bed using the command M140 H-1 in config.g. I will implement this in the next release of my fork. You can find his fork at [github.com].

September 29, 2015 04:07PM
Thank you!

I use your FW, so i will wait for update!
October 27, 2015 05:21AM
My workshop is unheated ATM and it's 8-9°C in the morning.
Web control shows error for both thermistors.

How can I reduce "min-temp" to 5°C?

THX
Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2015 05:22AM by o_lampe.
October 27, 2015 06:05AM
o_lampe
My workshop is unheated ATM and it's 8-9°C in the morning.
Web control shows error for both thermistors.

How can I reduce "min-temp" to 5°C?

THX
Olaf

I presume your Duet has 1K thermistor series resistors. Do your thermistors under-read when the temperature is a little higher e.g. 15C or 20C? If so, use the H parameter in the M305 commands to adjust them to read correctly. That may also sort out the temperature error when cold. Otherwise, your best option is to change the thermistor series resistors on the Duet from 1K to 4.7K. RepRapPro made this change a long time ago, but I understand that Replikeo is still using the old value.

October 28, 2015 07:27AM
[/Steam]

The longer I work with web control the more bugs I find. sad smiley
How did it ever got V1.xx status? It seems it's not even beta tested...

I defined two versions of bed.g ( like David suggested ) and tried to upload them to the macros subdirectory. But they never showed up.

I want to use the "go up" button in macro menu to flip through directories. It doesn`t work.

I tried "drag and drop" which doesn't work.

I tried to "create new directory" which doesn't work.

Now I have uploaded them to the g-code subdir. At least that works eye rolling smiley

[/Steam off]

BTW: I'm using latest Firefox browser.

Sorry, I'm feeling better now smiling smiley
-Olaf
October 28, 2015 08:10AM
I know that it used to be the case that you had to create the /macros directory first (either on a PC, or using FTP) before you can upload to it through the web interface. I don't know whether this has been fixed yet. Please report any issues to Christian Hammacher (aka forum user zombiepantslol), who developed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2015 08:11AM by dc42.

pkm
November 09, 2015 04:50AM
Hi David,
Are you going to release the next version anytime soon?
Just thinking whether I should update to 1.09k or wait a bit for the next one.
November 09, 2015 07:21AM
pkm
Hi David,

I have an update in the works, but it will be several days before it is ready because there are a lot of changes, not all complete, and it will needs a lot of testing. Version 1.09k is good and stable. The only significant bug I am aware of is that cold extrusion prevention doesn't work - it generates the message saying that cold extrusion was prevented, but drives the extruder anyway.

pkm
November 10, 2015 12:41PM
Thanks!
I'm afraid I'll have a chance to update just when the next version appears. Using j now, no major problems.

BTW yesterday after the web interface was inactive for a couple of hours of printing, the PC went to sleep, I turned it on and tried to reload the web interface or switch to another page... that effort paused printing for a moment and left a blob. How do I avoid it in the future?
November 10, 2015 04:12PM
I guess it was reloading the web page that was the problem, because that downloads several hundred kb of web files, which uses a lot of CPU time. I'll put it on my list to give more priority to the printing tasks when serving up web files. In the meantime, I suggest you only reload the web page during a print when it is printing infill, or when you have paused the print (which is difficult to do if the web interface isn't working and you don't have a PanelDue).

pkm
November 10, 2015 06:28PM
Thanks! I'll try that.
A simple 2004 display would be enough for me... PanelDue is too expensive unfortunately.
November 10, 2015 07:42PM
I am trying to reduce the PanelDue cost for the next batch, however large colour touch screens are not cheap. The T3P3 complete kit gives you the benefit of delivery of all 3 major components together (screen, controller and cable); but you can save a little cash by buying the controller board from me, the display panel from China, and making the cable yourself. The panels take 2-3 weeks to arrive from China and if you are unlucky you might get a bad one, but I've not heard of anyone getting a bad one yet.

btw I recently released beta PanelDue firmware that includes a keyboard, allowing you to enter almost any gcode command.

November 21, 2015 07:55PM
dc42
pkm
Hi David,

I have an update in the works, but it will be several days before it is ready because there are a lot of changes, not all complete, and it will needs a lot of testing. Version 1.09k is good and stable. The only significant bug I am aware of is that cold extrusion prevention doesn't work - it generates the message saying that cold extrusion was prevented, but drives the extruder anyway.

Is there a mailing list or somewhere that we can get notified of new versions?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login