Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't compile Marlin at the moment without this ERROR

Posted by justcurious 
Can't compile Marlin at the moment without this ERROR
October 01, 2015 02:44AM
With Arduino IDE 1.77 I keep getting this compiler error, probably some duplicate but cannot find any. Any suggestions before I go crazy?:

:\Users\EO\AppData\Local\Temp\build3555092588051490863.tmp/core.a(HardwareSerial0.cpp.o): In function `__vector_25':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial0.cpp:48: multiple definition of `__vector_25'
C:\Users\EO\AppData\Local\Temp\build3555092588051490863.tmp\MarlinSerial.cpp.o:C:\Users\EO\AppData\Local\Temp\build3555092588051490863.tmp/MarlinSerial.cpp:52: first defined here
c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.8.1/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

MarlinSerial line 52 looks like this but gives no clue:

//#elif defined(SIG_USART_RECV)
#if defined(M_USARTx_RX_vect)
// fixed by Mark Sproul this is on the 644/644p
//SIGNAL(SIG_USART_RECV)
SIGNAL(M_USARTx_RX_vect) {
unsigned char c = M_UDRx;
store_char(c);
}
#endif
Re: Can't compile Marlin at the moment without this ERROR
October 01, 2015 04:28AM
Don't use that crap!

Use the original IDE: [www.arduino.cc]

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
October 01, 2015 05:07AM
Thankyou Wurstnase
I am not aware of the difference between different Arduino's
however I did try with ver 1.65 as you suggested (was 1.77), but unfortunately result is the same :-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2015 05:07AM by justcurious.
October 01, 2015 09:52AM
I had to go all the way down to 1.0.something to get it to compile on my XP.
October 01, 2015 10:07PM
Most folks have found that IDE issues really are not the IDE, but a setting or something, and most that have retried 1.6.5/6 or so find it works fine. Is the correct board type set? Going back to 1.0.x at this point is more likely to cause problems than resolve them, especially with new Arduino types.

- Tim
October 02, 2015 01:44AM
He has changed code in his Marlin.

[github.com]

I downloaded Marlin RC1 a while ago and this has been the base for some optimization I have investigated, basically in LiquidCrystalTWI2 and Wire lib .

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
October 02, 2015 02:24AM
Yes I changed my Marlin code to tmprove it, which i often do, but this time it went wrong.
I think it is not even a compiler generated error but the AVR linker due to some code i produced...
Searching the net (__vector25) I find similar problems but no solutions.
October 02, 2015 03:47AM
The error message is very clear: the same interrupt vector is defined twice, once in the arduino library and once in MarlinSerial.cpp
October 04, 2015 10:59AM
I had a similar problem and using 1.0.5 fixed it.
October 05, 2015 03:27AM
Solvedspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Found an unnoticed call to Serial message in imported library, which obviously tried to install another issue of Serial interrupt causing an unresolved conflict.
November 01, 2016 05:47AM
Hi Linkreincarnate, and justcurious, I've the same error, how do you fixed it with Arduino 1.0.5??

Thanks!
Bye
Mau
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login