Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any way to change the error behaviour in Marlin? Auto Power off after BED_MAX_TEMP

Posted by Sebbj 
Any way to change the error behaviour in Marlin? Auto Power off after BED_MAX_TEMP
October 31, 2015 06:49AM
Hey folks,

I'm looking for a hint or a solution to change the behaviour when the error "BED_MAXTEMP"occours. Right now it turns the MOSFET off, i would like it to turn off the powersupply.

After my MOSFET (for heating the bed) burned, the power couldn't be turned off anymore and...well it stinks.
Due to this encounter i made a little circuit to cut off the power to my printer.
So far everything works great, after sending the command M81, the PS_ON pin (D12) is turned off and my 24Volt powersupply is beeing cut from the main power.

Unfortunately i haven't found a solution to turn this pin automatically off when the error "MAX_BEDTEMP" occours. Just in case something like this happens again.
Re: Any way to change the error behaviour in Marlin? Auto Power off after BED_MAX_TEMP
October 31, 2015 07:52AM
After a little trial and error, and a coffee smiling smiley (coffee really helpes the most) I came up with a solution:

I added a line in the temperature.cpp file:

void bed_max_temp_error(void) {
#if HEATER_BED_PIN > -1
  WRITE(HEATER_BED_PIN, 0);
#endif
  if(IsStopped() == false) {
    SERIAL_ERROR_START;
    WRITE(PS_ON_PIN, 0);
    SERIAL_ERRORLNPGM("Temperature heated bed switched off. MAXTEMP triggered !!");
    LCD_ALERTMESSAGEPGM("Err: MAXTEMP BED");
  }
  #ifndef BOGUS_TEMPERATURE_FAILSAFE_OVERRIDE
  Stop();
  #endif
}

This turnes the pin off when the error occours, and my powersupply will be turned off.
Re: Any way to change the error behaviour in Marlin? Auto Power off after BED_MAX_TEMP
November 08, 2015 09:31AM
What wire/connection to the supply controls it? Is it one of the screw terminals?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login