Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to the Arduino and Marlin

Posted by 2_jammer 
New to the Arduino and Marlin
November 28, 2015 07:51PM
Is it possible to download the firmware back out of the Arduino and onto a PC? If it is would someone please give some instructions?

Thank you!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2015 09:37PM by 2_jammer.
Re: New to the Arduino and Marlin
November 28, 2015 09:48PM
no way to do this. You need to download the marlin source code and re-build.
November 28, 2015 10:49PM
OK- Thank you.
November 29, 2015 04:55AM
If you want to see most of the parameters from the onboard firmware, connect the controller to pronterface and make a screenshot of the boot-screen.
That helps to get started.
-Olaf
December 04, 2015 07:39PM
Could you explain how to do this?
I just got my printer connected to Pronterface smiling smiley
December 05, 2015 02:17AM
send the command M503 to the printer. It will display most settings if you printer support it. It should also display the setting when you connect to the printer...

[reprap.org]

What it wont tell you is what thermistors setting have been used, or if any axis directions have been inverted in firmware, or if endstops are inverted.
The thermistors can be a problem to identify if you don’t know what they are. The rest if its backwards is no big issue just update the firmware and try again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2015 02:19AM by Dust.
December 05, 2015 11:57AM
I appreciate the response Dust. When I send the M503 command, says:">>> m503 SENDING:M503" and then nothing happens. I don't know of a work around because I am new to 3d printing and I am getting zero help/support from the organization from which I purchased this printer from. Any ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login