Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inccorect temp reading after firmware upgrade

Posted by DaltonCurtin 
Inccorect temp reading after firmware upgrade
December 24, 2015 09:11PM
Hey Folks,

I've been running a reprap prusa i3 for some time now without problems though wanted to add auto leveling which required a newer firmware then what I had. I've gotten most everything working at this point but my last problem (as far as I know) appears to be a faulty temp reading.

Symptoms:
Raising temperature for bed seems much slower than usual.
Highest reading is around 80 celcius.

Proof that it may be firmware related?
When switching back to my old firmware right after hitting the 80 Celsius peak, a temperature much higher is shown which reflects the general limit of the bed and how hot it feels to the touch (might get a ir thermometer to confirm).

It would seem there is about a 20 Celsius differences between the firmwares including a slight cool down time between disconnecting repetier, uploading the alternate firmware and reconnecting. Is there some setting I may have forgotten to switch when setting up the new firmware?

Some things I've done already include setting the proper motherboard, setting the tempsensor setting for the right thermresistor, setting up the Pid values. Not sure what else would/could cause this kind of misreading between the two firmwares?
Re: Inccorect temp reading after firmware upgrade
December 24, 2015 11:15PM
The problem appears to be resolved. Apparently the thermresistor tables from the old firmware differed quite a bit from the new ones with respect to table 6. If you have a folger tech prusa i3 as I do and used the provided marlin firmware. Keep this in mind if you plan on upgrading to a newer version of marlin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2015 11:17PM by DaltonCurtin.
January 01, 2016 11:01PM
That's one reason why I won't upgrade anything.
January 03, 2016 03:16AM
@RRuser

Then you better throw out your printer now and go back to your minecraft!

Or be content with exactly what you brought and never expect any more from it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login