Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New RepRapFirmware release 1.09o-dc42

Posted by dc42 
New RepRapFirmware release 1.09o-dc42
December 27, 2015 04:20PM
I have just released this at [github.com] (follow the link, then press Raw to download it). The major changes in this release are:

* Implemented F, H and R parameters to M106 command (see [reprap.org]). The second fan output on a Duet 0.8.5 now defaults to being a thermostatic fan at power up.
* Improved speed of file upload to SD card, by about 30% in my tests
* G32 is now allowed if the printer has not been homed, if there is a bed.g file - so if your bed.g file starts with G28 then you don't need to home the printer before running G32
* G30 commands are no longer allowed on a delta printer that has not been homed
* M572 parameter P (drive number) replaced by parameter D (extruder number)
* File info requests are now processed in stages to reduce impact on printing (thanks chrishamm)
* Use latest network stack and webserver modules from chrishamm (thanks chrishamm)
* Added Roland mill support (thanks RRP/chrishamm)
* Added S parameter (idle timeout) to M18 and M84 commands (thanks chrishamm)
* Moved I/O pin assignments to separate Pins.h file to more easily support alternative hardware (thanks dnewman)
* Bug fix: filament usage and % print complete figures were incorrect when absolute extruder coordinates were used
* Bug fix: file-based print estimate was occasionally returned as 'inf' on some systems, which caused the web interface to disconnect
* Bug fix: M666 command now flags all towers as not homed
* Bug fix: extruder pressure compensation (M572 command) occasionally caused spurious extruder reversals on some prints

Note for Duet 0.8.5 owners:

- If you wish to take advantage of the new feature to use the second fan output to drive the hot end fan with thermostatic control based on the hot end temperature, be aware that the fan defaults to OFF at power up. It will turn ON as during firmware initialisation. However, it will not turn on if you put the Duet in firmware upload mode. Therefore, avoid pressing the Erase button on the Duet or sending M999 PERASE when the hot end is hot. Alternatively, remove resistor R99 from the Duet, then the second fan output will default to On at power up.

- If you wish to use the second fan output as a controllable cooling fan, put M106 P2 H-1 in config.g to disable thermostatic mode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2015 05:02PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New RepRapFirmware release 1.09o-dc42
December 27, 2015 08:09PM
I as able to reproduce the small file (less than 1K) error with 1.09m and FireFox today. It turns out the file was uploading, it was just the the dialog box would report it as failed.

After updating to 1.09o the dialog box reports the upload as successful in FireFox.

Looks good so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2015 08:11PM by WZ9V.
December 27, 2015 11:44PM
Were you able to fix the cold extrusion issue? I didn't see that listed in the fixes.
December 28, 2015 03:43AM
ElmoC
Were you able to fix the cold extrusion issue? I didn't see that listed in the fixes.

Yes that one is fixed too.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 28, 2015 10:53AM
Can I use this firmware on Duet 0.6?
If not, I have to change for this? I have skills in programming and a lot of what could help.
Sorry for my bad english
December 28, 2015 05:52PM
Seeing there is no 1.09o entries in the SD-Image directory, I'm guessing there is no changes there that have to be uploaded?
December 29, 2015 09:18AM
That is correct. Usually the SD card image doesn't need to be changed when only the letter at the end of the version string changes.

December 29, 2015 09:20AM
Can I use this firmware on Duet 0.6?
If not, I have to change for this? I have skills in programming and a lot of what could help.
Sorry for my bad english
December 29, 2015 09:22AM
Yes you can use it on both Duet 0.6 and 0.8.5. It auto detects the board version.

December 29, 2015 09:25AM
Cool! Connecting under the old scheme? Core X Y working? I can do it if he does not work properly
December 29, 2015 11:09AM
Yes CoreXY is supported. See [reprap.org].

December 31, 2015 03:39PM
David, I uploaded the new (actually the "p-alpha" release. I am very interested in using the new thermostatic fan control. I moved my hot end cooling fan from one of the always on fan connectors to the Fan 1 connector and added

M106 P1 T50 H1

to my config.g. I uploaded and reset. 've noticed that the LED below the Fan 1 connector is always lit. With the new M106 it is still lit and the fan is on all the time. I must be missing something. Any ideas?

cheers,
Michael

[sublimelayers.blogspot.com]

A strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints [forum.seemecnc.com]
Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts [forum.seemecnc.com]

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
December 31, 2015 04:37PM
Ok, all is working fine. I reverted back to the official "o" release but the problem was actually I had somehow cross-polluted my config.g for this printer with parameters from another printer running a .6.5 Duet. No idea how that happened but at least I found it. I am going to reflash the p-alpha release now.

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
December 31, 2015 04:42PM
p-alpha working fine for thermostatic control too. I particularly enjoy the "fix" to remove the need to invert the part cooling fan on .8 boards. Thanks!

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
December 31, 2015 06:43PM
Solved. Needed to change the 320mm X/Y/Z to 400mm in homedelta.g

I've noticed that if I do a Home All from a point on the outer radius of my build area it does not always home all three axis without doing a second Home All. It's usually the carraige that was lowest not going all the way to the end stop after the other two hit the end stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2016 12:14AM by WZ9V.
January 01, 2016 04:34AM
WZ9V
Solved. Needed to change the 320mm X/Y/Z to 400mm in homedelta.g

I've noticed that if I do a Home All from a point on the outer radius of my build area it does not always home all three axis without doing a second Home All. It's usually the carraige that was lowest not going all the way to the end stop after the other two hit the end stop.

That figure in the Homedelta.g file needs to be greater than the maximum travel that a carriage needs to move to home fully it can be extremely large (I set mine to be close to the total height between the bed and the endstops) so long as your endstops are wired for Fail safe (so that they will trigger on any fault situation like a wire coming of in other words are set for NC operation)

Doug
January 03, 2016 04:15AM
About the M572 Sx.x parameter:
Wouldn't it be better to have a fixed number of steps before pressure advance kicks in, instead of a fixed time?
Think of printing infill with 150mm/s and ext. perimeters with 50mm/s, the result would then always be the same, right?

Sorry for double-posting this in another thread, I thought it would fit better in here...
-Olaf
January 03, 2016 09:12AM
The parameter is not a fixed time, it is the extruder advance distance divided by the extrusion speed. Its units just happen to work out as seconds.

January 03, 2016 02:23PM
Intrigued by the fan control you've added. At the moment the fisher uses the 50 pin connector for the fan. Am I right in thinking I just need to reconnect the fan to the pwm 1 fan pins as shown here [uet_0.8.5_Duex4_wiring_0.2.svg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">reprap.org] and then add to config.g M106 P1 T45 H1 so that its activated above 45c.

I'm probably being too simplistic. smiling smiley

If this works you've wrecked my plans to goto a 12v fan.
January 03, 2016 03:15PM
DADIY
Intrigued by the fan control you've added. At the moment the fisher uses the 50 pin connector for the fan. Am I right in thinking I just need to reconnect the fan to the pwm 1 fan pins as shown here [uet_0.8.5_Duex4_wiring_0.2.svg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">reprap.org] and then add to config.g M106 P1 T45 H1 so that its activated above 45c.

I'm probably being too simplistic. smiling smiley

If this works you've wrecked my plans to goto a 12v fan.

The Fisher kit is supplied with a Duet 0.6, which has only one controlled fan output.(labelled FAN0). If you are already using this to drive a print cooling fan, you are out of luck. If you don't have a print cooling fan then you can connect the hot end fan to FAN0, and add M106 P0 T45 H1 to config.g.

I think you could convert the whole Fisher to 12V or 24V quite easily. Buy a 12V 5A or 24V 2.5A PSU on eBay (if you choose one in a plastic case, that saves you having to make an enclosure for it), and change the hot end heater cartridge to 12V or 24V 30W or 40W, and the fan to 12V or 24V.

January 11, 2016 09:42AM
I'm running 1.09o-dc42 (2015-12-27) and the Fan control is working great, however since installing this update I'm getting a lot of file uploads through the web interface get to 100% and then just hang or error after retrying once or twice they tend to complete OK. It appears to only happen when the gcode file is big like 20mb.
January 11, 2016 10:03AM
@DADIY, David has pulled the 1.09o release due to these connection issues - he stated this in my thread last week (the ethernet issue thread). His recommendation is to go back to the "m" release. I loved the new thermistor controlled fan too! Cut down a lot of noise when the printer was on but not printing.

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
January 11, 2016 11:56AM
mhackney
@DADIY, David has pulled the 1.09o release due to these connection issues - he stated this in my thread last week (the ethernet issue thread). His recommendation is to go back to the "m" release. I loved the new thermistor controlled fan too! Cut down a lot of noise when the printer was on but not printing.

Ok. At least he knows about it. I can survive retrying occasionally until he releases an update.
January 11, 2016 01:36PM
I discovered an issue with M558 P1 vs P4 causing a 6C to 8C shift in temperature readings. Dave is rolling that fix into the next version also. You may want to recheck your temps because of it and recalibrate the H parameter in M305.

My discovery was that P1 (IR Probe) was reading correctly but just changing the M558 to P4 (switch) would cause a jump of 6 to 8C on both readings. Dave discovered it was something to do with the default ADC setup causing crosstalk on the ADC channels. BTW, I sent the information Saturday night and he said he had a fix on Sunday afternoon.
January 11, 2016 04:07PM
WZ9V
I discovered an issue with M558 P1 vs P4 causing a 6C to 8C shift in temperature readings. Dave is rolling that fix into the next version also. You may want to recheck your temps because of it and recalibrate the H parameter in M305.

My discovery was that P1 (IR Probe) was reading correctly but just changing the M558 to P4 (switch) would cause a jump of 6 to 8C on both readings. Dave discovered it was something to do with the default ADC setup causing crosstalk on the ADC channels. BTW, I sent the information Saturday night and he said he had a fix on Sunday afternoon.

According to Github that fix is in 1.09P alpha2
January 11, 2016 06:13PM
I'll have to check out the fix. Right now I'm still on 1.09m while I fight with FSR bed calibration.

dougal1957

According to Github that fix is in 1.09P alpha2
January 14, 2016 07:42AM
Has anyone tried 1.09P alpha2 yet. Just wondering how stable its been, I think I've encountered the lost steps bug with the n release but enjoy the fan control so much I dont want to go back to the m release.
January 14, 2016 09:47AM
I uploaded it yesterday to one of my Kossel 250s. Here is the config that I had to enable thermostatic fan control in the "o" and "p-alpha" releases that worked:

M106 P1 T50 S255 H1

It is working. This Kossel is on a direct ethernet. I don't have a lot of run time yet to see if I have the same connection issues I had with o or p-alpha but so far it seems stable.

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
January 14, 2016 02:19PM
Ive installed P alpha 2 on my duet 6 and here's my results so far.

Web interface is quicker to connect but still has the Ajax error when left for a while.

First print came out great.

The upload speed varies between 200 and 320 kib mostly averaging 245.

I've uploaded 4 x 3mb files and only one hung at 100%. Second try and it went fine.
January 14, 2016 02:21PM
I've been getting similar upload speeds and I've uploaded several 6MB files too. No communications/ajax errors so far.

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login