Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Duet Web Control 1.08 and RepRapFirmware 1.09r-ch

Posted by chrishamm 
New Duet Web Control 1.08 and RepRapFirmware 1.09r-ch
January 15, 2016 08:23PM
Despite the loss of RepRapPro, I'm pleased to release Duet Web Control v1.08 and RepRapFirmware v1.09r-ch for the Duet platform.

I think this new web interface version leaves nothing to be desired, but if you're wondering what has changed this time, here the full changelog:

Cookies are no longer used and settings are now stored in localStorage
Added French and Swedish translations (thanks PRouzeau and Djhg2000)
Rewrote many parts of the print status page and made the following changes:
- Improved print end detection
- Layer times are now added as hoverable dots
- Last layer time is displayed in Collected Data
- Optional webcam surveillance image can be displayed
Implemented drag&drop on the G-Code and Macro file pages
ZIP files can be uploaded (their content is unzipped via JS and each file is uploaded individually)
Configuration file can be edited (requires new rr_configfile response)
Split up JS code into model and viewmodel files
Removed Spools page (load+unload functionality can be restored via macros)
Bug fix: Removed bad JS call from the macro update function
Bug fix: Sometimes the update loop was running twice

The great advantage of this web interface version is that it no longer stores its settings in a cookie, which means that it sends less data in every HTTP request. I hope this will purge some connectivitiy problems and increase networking performance a bit. When you load it for the first time, all of your cookie settings will be migrated to HTML5's localStorage automatically. If you are missing translations, just send me a pull request at GitHub.

DWC v1.08 is available here (click on "Download ZIP"). This time the following files need to be updated if you're using DWC v1.07:

css/defaults.css
js/jquery.autosize.js
js/jquery.autosize.min.js
js/jszip.js
js/jszip.min.js
js/interface.js (deleted)
js/model.js
js/viewmodel.js
language.xml (optional, delete this one if you don't use any translations)
reprap.htm

Note that multiple files can be already uploaded at once on the Settings page. I guess dc42's firmware could work with DWC v1.08 too, but be aware that you cannot edit the config file and that drag&drop will be buggy if you use his current 1.09p-alpha2 version. dc42 has to merge in my latest changes for rr_move and rr_configfile first before these two features can be used properly.

So at least until then I recommend the usage of my latest firmware version.

In my latest firmware version I have improved the output memory management and merged dc42's recent changes from his 1.09p-alpha2 release. My fork is almost identical to dc42's (in fact all G-codes should be compatible), but there are differences in the G-code processor and I maintain an individual Arduino device tree for the RepRap Duet, which works with the latest Arduino version and doesn't require any extra patching.

Anyway, here the complete changelog since my prior version 1.09p:

Version 1.09r

Changed thermocouple CS, Roland CTS/RTS and inkjet out pins
Reduced maximum thermocouple number from 4 to 2
Implemented new output stack mechanism to fix OutputBuffer bugs
Improved OutputBuffer writing performance by adding last entry pointers and added debugging facilities
Moved Dac0 definition from Platform.cpp to Pins header file
Implemented experimental thermostatic fan control and thermocouple control (thanks dnewman/dc42)
Increased code safety in Network class
Implemented new rr_configfile response in the webserver
Moved Roland RTS and CTS pins for external thermocouple SPI functionality
Moved some of the Roland definitions to the Pins header
Updated Makefiles for latest Arduino and Duet board versions
Reduced time to wait after stty handshake in Makefile from 2s to 1s
Added further safety precautions to FileData class
Implemented diagnostics for each webserver protocol handler
Added new load and unload filament macros to SD image
Other minor changes
Bug fix: M25 could cause watchdog resets when macro files were interrupted
Bug fix: Error status 1 was always reported in the diagnostics
Bug fix: rr_move always reported error code 1 on success

Arduino device tree 1.07:
- StringRef class moved to Arduino core
- Better ADC initialisation added to variant.cpp (thanks dc42)

Many thanks to dc42 for the following:
- Merged in all changes from 1.09p-alpha2
- Changed static const definitions to simple consts
- Strings are now defined via precompiler DEFINEs
- Fan value restoration now works the same way as in dc42's fork
- Merged in better output pin control
- Added several fixes to EMAC driver
- Changes for better read/write performance in HSMCI driver
- Fixed bug where the HTTP server picked up an extra command word

A precompiled firmware binary of the firmware can be downloaded here.

Feel free to post some feedback! If you appreciate my work, please consider a small donation as well - I'm a student and new filament is expensive smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2016 08:08AM by chrishamm.
Re: New Duet Web Control 1.08 and RepRapFirmware 1.09q-ch
January 16, 2016 06:45AM
Are there any information how to connect a thermocouple?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
January 16, 2016 07:07AM
To drive a thermocouple, you need a MAX31855 device and connect it to the SPI MISO/MOSI/SCLK pins on the expansion header. Please refer to the Duet Expansion Header description in the Documentation directory on my GitHub repo, but be aware that currently only one thermocouple is supported by my latest firmware version. I will increase the number to two in my next release and move some of the Roland and SPI CS pins again.

The original implementation (as in dc42's and probably dnewman's fork) supports up to four thermocouples, but I will limit it to two because there is only one free pin left on the expansion header.

A thermocouple can be activated using M305, e.g. by sending M305 P1 X100 where 100 is the first virtual thermocouple channel. Please be aware that I only merged in this code and have not tested it, so YMMV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2016 07:15AM by chrishamm.
January 16, 2016 07:11AM
Tzhanks for the answer. I just read that and I got curious especially regarding my new printer design.
I just flashed this FW version. I found one small problem: Editing the config.g using the webinterface and Firefox: There is no scroll bar for the contents of the config.g. I only have a scroll bar for the whole page, but the editor is not affected. I have to use the text cursor and the arrow keys to scroll up/ down.
I guess I should cleanup the file. grinning smiley

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
January 16, 2016 07:20AM
That's intentional, the textarea is supposed to resize dynamically depending on its content. That's why I added js/jquery.autosize.min.js to this version. But you should be able to use the scroll wheel or touchpad to scroll up and down as well winking smiley
January 16, 2016 07:21AM
Next I have a really strange pronblem: The file content of my gcode folder is not fully displayed in FileZilla. Many files are missing. If I upload a file I get now error message if I want to overwrite the existing file even if I upload the file twice. However the webinterface shows the files completely.

January 16, 2016 07:22AM
chrishamm
That's intentional, the textarea is supposed to resize dynamically depending on its content. That's why I added js/jquery.autosize.min.js to this version. But you should be able to use the scroll wheel or touchpad to scroll up and down as well winking smiley

Now that reacts only for the common scroll bar. sad smiley

Re: New Duet Web Control 1.08 and RepRapFirmware 1.09r-ch
January 16, 2016 08:12AM
Hmm, not sure what you mean. Everything is looking nice on my setup and works as I would expect, see the attached file (don't mind the white stripe below the menu, that's just showing because I took a screenshot).

I have just pushed firmware v1.09r-ch to my GitHub account. If you are already using v1.09q and not using thermocouples, inkjets or a Roland mill, there is no need to upgrade to this firmware version. For those who do: Please refer to the Duet Expansion Header file in my Documentation directory and update your connectors accordingly before turning on the machine!
Attachments:
open | download - DWC_v108.png (157.5 KB)
January 16, 2016 08:38AM
That is what I mean:

At the bad drwan red arrow the configuration file continous, but the scroll bar at the right is only for the whole page.

After clicking into the editor I can scroll down using the arrow keys.

January 16, 2016 08:57AM
Hmm I see, that's a shame. I thought the autosize JS library would take care of this regardless of the used theme, but in this case I will exchange it in my next web interface version. Until then you can work-around this problem by disabling the dark theme temporarily.
January 16, 2016 09:33AM
That's no big deal. You should know that I am partly working as software engineer. I like to help and test. Who else as such a big config.g? grinning smiley Two different height setpoints (one as x-probe and one as z-probe) and so on.

BTW much more annoying is the FTP-problem.

Only look at the marked files for example. (As this is my actual problem, trying to print leafy...Part2).

Where is it? But it is working. The only problem is the FTP-directory-listing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2016 09:33AM by Treito.

January 16, 2016 12:51PM
If there had not been so many people with large config files, I would not have had to introduce a new HTTP response. But you should really clean up your G-code directory - if there are too many files in one directory, the file responses may be truncated. Unfortunately we only have 96KB of RAM available on the SAM3X which is used for everything, so there is no easy fix for this. I could already increase the maximum response size to ~3.2KB with my new OutputBuffer concept, but freeing up more would be quite difficult.

I suggest you create a few new directories, clean up your G-Code directory and check if that fixes your problem. That shouldn't be too difficult though, because now you can move files to sub-directories using drag&drop on the web interface. Or just do it via FTP. That will improve the loading speed of the G-code file list too.
January 16, 2016 03:00PM
The strange thing is that it was working before and I did not change the amount of files during both FW-versions.
I did not fond a good subfolder system yet.

Okay may config.g has some additional entries as I seperated the homing for the x- and z-axis for example. And at the moment I use wrong pulleys but this will be fixed soon.

January 19, 2016 09:45AM
I really must read release notes - I was just about to report that the Spools page was missing... now I've got to work out some macros! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2016 10:33AM by David J.
January 19, 2016 10:40AM
David J
I really must read release notes - I was just about to report that the Spools page was missing... now I've got to work out some macros! smiling smiley

Here are the macros that ship with the Fisher which should be a good starting point.

These assume a 500mm bowden tube, and use the G10 P0 S200 command to set a temperature of 200. and the G1 E XX to feed or unfeed the filament, by default the first 50mm is un loaded slowly and the last 25mm is loaded slowly.
Attachments:
open | download - Load PLA (139 bytes)
open | download - Unload filament (89 bytes)
January 19, 2016 11:51AM
Thanks for those - I'd started to write some macros, but it's always good to base them on something that works! smiling smiley
January 19, 2016 04:36PM
@chrishamm - a gent on the google delta group asked for screenshots of the DuetWebControl interface. I posted a set there and also on my blog: SublimeLayers. I'd like to make the screenshots available to you to post on the GitHub. In fact, I'd love to pay it forward and write up a description of DuetWebControl and some basic instructions with the screenshots (including installation directly) if you'd like.

regards,
Michael

[sublimelayers.blogspot.com]

A strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints [forum.seemecnc.com]
Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts [forum.seemecnc.com]

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
January 21, 2016 01:15AM
There are macros on both sides from chrishamm and dc42 for loading/ unloading filament. Just look at the files for the SD-cards.

January 21, 2016 10:41AM
Treito
There are macros on both sides from chrishamm and dc42 for loading/ unloading filament. Just look at the files for the SD-cards.

I looked at those - the ones suggested by DADIY say much the same, with a few extra details. For example, they unambiguously put the extruder into relative mode before calling for a movement, something that has caught me out previously. I'm not saying that one is better than the other though... smiling smiley
January 22, 2016 07:00AM
mhackney
@chrishamm - a gent on the google delta group asked for screenshots of the DuetWebControl interface. I posted a set there and also on my blog: SublimeLayers. I'd like to make the screenshots available to you to post on the GitHub. In fact, I'd love to pay it forward and write up a description of DuetWebControl and some basic instructions with the screenshots (including installation directly) if you'd like.

regards,
Michael

Thanks Michael, please feel free to contribute a readme file for my GitHub repo - upgrading to upcoming DWC versions should be fairly easy too, because you can now upload ZIP files as well. Just be aware that I won't add screenshots to my repository, because I don't want to add unused files that would be uploaded to the Duet when performing upgrades. Maybe I should add a filter to exclude such files though...
January 22, 2016 12:03PM
Chris, I'll get to work on that. I've already documented how to upgrade just DWC on my blog: [sublimelayers.blogspot.com]

I'll include that in the README as well. I understand about screenshots, that makes sense. Perhaps the readme could point to my blog where I've done a mini review of DWC and screenshots: [sublimelayers.blogspot.com]

Cheers,
Michael

[sublimelayers.blogspot.com]

A strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints [forum.seemecnc.com]
Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts [forum.seemecnc.com]

[www.EclecticAngler.com]
January 27, 2016 08:49AM
First off thanks for your work on this web interface, ive just updated to 1.08 and am loving being able to edit the config file on the fly. Its also noticeably faster and the web cam ability is great when i'm arguing the case against someone using octopi.

Quick question, Im unable to adjust the speed and extrusion factor using the sliders in the web inerface. I'm using DC42s latest firmware and on the paneldue both can be adjusted fine. Is there something that needs setting up somewhere?

Thanks again.

EDIT

Im on a surface pro 3 running windows 10 and using Chrome, interestingly i CAN adjust the sliders with touch inputs but NOT wit a mouse. Maybe its my end? Not noticed any web functionality not working in chrome before...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2016 11:28AM by wayno complaino.
January 30, 2016 10:20AM
Chris,

I really like the ability to edit the config file - that's really useful.

Just a thought, to make it even more useful: could you provide a function to write the config file back to the PC following amendments? Otherwise I have to note down the changes and edit the PC's file directly, with the risk of introducing errors.
February 14, 2016 05:53AM
Hi,

Is there support for a second Fan Slider ?

Regards,

Julian S.

T3DP3D Mini Kossel, E3D V6 hot end, 0.4mm nozzle, 200mm diameter Ali heated bed, Duet v0.8.5 & dc42 rep rap v1.18. DWC v1.15, PanelDue-7-1.16 DC42 IR Z Probe, 2 X MAX31855 &Thermocouples, PID heated enclosure, SolidWorks 2017, slic3r
February 19, 2016 12:40PM
@wayno complaino: Hmm, are you're using MSIE/Edge? I don't officially support that browser and it's possible that it doesn't call the right events, so I suggest you try another browser instead.

@David J: No, it is not possible to download the config file via the web interface, but you can use copy&paste functionality. If you want to do experiments, I suggest you make a manual backup of your config file first. This can be achieved via FTP too.

@JujuDelta: There is no possibility to use a second fan slider yet, but if there is reasonable demand for it, I may add support for that to a future version. Do you actually use two independent cooling fans?
PRZ
February 19, 2016 04:33PM
About features request, I have two :
1/ is it possible to display file date and hour on the windows displayed while you 'load and print'. That may help detect a wrong file, which occurs me from time to time. I know this info is on the print windows bottom, but I rarely notice as it is below the viewed window with my zoom.

2/ Is it possible as an option to have a background in color, as while you are using simultaneously two printers, it is easy to mix them and that end in serious problems.

problem:
I am using with 1.08 the firmware 1.09r-dc42 and I lost layers count since installing this firmware and interface (simultaneously, so I don't know where is the origin). All my print have now only one layer counted.
February 20, 2016 06:42AM
chrishamm
@JujuDelta: There is no possibility to use a second fan slider yet, but if there is reasonable demand for it, I may add support for that to a future version. Do you actually use two independent cooling fans?

My delta is in the workshop and it's a bit cool and draughty this time of year.
I'd like to use a second controllable fan to heat up an enclosure for ABS printing.
I'm using extruder channel 1 for the heater.
When up to temp reduce fan RPM to a minimum (maybe even off ?)
TBH I think I could switch chamber fan and heater off when up to temp and rely on bed heat ~ 100'C to keep chamber warm.

Regards,

Julian S.

T3DP3D Mini Kossel, E3D V6 hot end, 0.4mm nozzle, 200mm diameter Ali heated bed, Duet v0.8.5 & dc42 rep rap v1.18. DWC v1.15, PanelDue-7-1.16 DC42 IR Z Probe, 2 X MAX31855 &Thermocouples, PID heated enclosure, SolidWorks 2017, slic3r
February 20, 2016 01:48PM
This is my first post and probably off topic but I don't quite know where else to start. If this is the wrong place to ask my question, I'd very much appreciate it if someone could point me to the best place to find an answer.

I have a RepRapPro Mendel 3 which I have just managed to graft a Diamond hot end on to. The issue I have is that this hot end has a bigger mass than the original Mendel 3 and therefore takes longer to heat up. This seems to trigger a fault condition which I'm guessing is timer based, because if I reset everything and then re-heat the hot end from a higher starting temperature, everything is fine. So, I'm guessing that there is a variable somewhere to do with the heating up time which I'd very much like to increase to suit this particular hot end. I have no idea if this is to do with the Web Control or if it's somewhere else. Any help would be much appreciated. Please be aware that I am a 62 year old carpenter struggle gamely to keep abreast of technology, and not a technological wizzard. Many thanks in advance.
February 20, 2016 03:48PM
M570 S[time in seconds] is the command you seek to change the heater timeout. It can be added in your config.g. Another option is to do a staged heat-up, setting intermediate temperatures along the way. Some PID tuning might be useful too.
February 21, 2016 10:58AM
Brilliant! Thanks very much. I'll add that to my config.G. As for PID tuning, I really wouldn't know where to start so I'll leave that alone (unless someone can post and idiots guide for me). Many thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login