Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

issue with RRFW on Alligator board

Posted by giampa975 
issue with RRFW on Alligator board
March 02, 2016 06:07AM
Dear All,

I am facing an issue with RRFW (v. 1.09h-dc42, the only binary available unfortunately) running on Alligator board.

This morning the motors of my mini kossel became crazy when I home it.
I randomly get 2 kinds of weird behaviors:

1- motors very loud and while the x,y carriages go upwards until the endstops, the z carriage goes downward!
2- motors very loud and stuttering and after a while the z carriage goes downward

Of course, I did not made any change to the config.g
It is not the 1st time I get this behavior and I usually solved it by randomly connect and disconnect wires from the board (motors and end-stops), after switching off the board. Yes, it is not scientific at all and in fact it seems that today is not enough.

Since the motors basically stutters, I started to lower the current: from M906 X1200 Y1200 Z1200 E1000 to M906 X800 Y800 Z800 E1000, but no luck. My motors are Wantai 42BYGHW811 (rated v 3.1, current 2.5A, phase res. 1.25 Ohm, phase induct. 1.8 mH).
By checking from the gcode console, it seems that everything is consistent (e.g., currents, axis directions,...).

I am doing something wrong? Are my board drivers fried? Is it a nasty fw bug of this port? Is it an issue of the board?
I have no idea!
Any suggestion is welcome! Thanks in advance.

------------
+ Repstrap Schifanoia Delta - AMEGA/RAMPS 1.4, 4x4988 stepper drv., running RepetierFW 0.92 -
HE IeC 1.75 bowden, nozzle 0.4 on a cold bed (300mm)
+ MiniKossel - Alligator board running RRFirmware, HE E3D-lite 0.4 bowden on a cold bed (170mm)
Re: issue with RRFW on Alligator board
March 04, 2016 09:29AM
Problem solved.

As you might have guessed, the firmware and the board were not responsible at all. My brain was probably offline.
My motors have a short cable which is extended by another cable and they are joined by a pair of molex connectors.
The Z motor molex was not properly connected.
I totally forgot about their existence since they are under the bed and the electronics is on top! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

------------
+ Repstrap Schifanoia Delta - AMEGA/RAMPS 1.4, 4x4988 stepper drv., running RepetierFW 0.92 -
HE IeC 1.75 bowden, nozzle 0.4 on a cold bed (300mm)
+ MiniKossel - Alligator board running RRFirmware, HE E3D-lite 0.4 bowden on a cold bed (170mm)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login