Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Retraction after M0

Posted by krondor12 
Retraction after M0
June 02, 2016 08:07PM
I have a Geeetech I3. I am attempting to add the below at layer change on specific layers.
G1 Z20.000 F3300.000 This raises the extruder away from the print.
M0 This pauses at the position so that I can change filament change I hit the button on the printer to resume
G1 E100 F120 This purges the old material out of the extruder so I begin the print with clean new color. (I used to do this manually before hitting the continue button)
Since this is on layer change the extruder returns to the normal position that i removed it from before the pause and should continue printing. The problem is that when I insert the G1 E100 F120 line it does not resume printing but instead retracts a large amount of filament. So much so that it pulls it out of the extruder entry tube and causes a number of problems. Why is retraction occuring when it clearly makes no sense to. I have tried disabling it in a number of ways with no luck. It will disable but then it will not perform the purge. any help would be wonderful.
Re: Retraction after M0
June 02, 2016 08:42PM
Just a guess but the system may be running a G1 E-100 to restore the printer to the state before the pause.
Try doing a G1 E-100 while changing filament and extruder is empty to see if this works.
George
Re: Retraction after M0
June 03, 2016 11:06PM
Tried it and it didn't work. Any other ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login