Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feedrate and Timer Interrupt Issues on 7 Axis Machine

Posted by kent16 
Feedrate and Timer Interrupt Issues on 7 Axis Machine
June 11, 2016 06:27PM
I have added additional axis (u,v,w) to the marlin firmware. When the code lines below are commented, I can control the movement of all 7 axis; however, changing the feedrate/max_acceleration does not work for any of the axis. When the lines are uncommented, I can't move the additional axis, but I can adjust the feedrate/max_acceleration for the original axis. From some google searches, I determined the code deals with timer interrupts. How would I adjust the code so that it would work as it should for the additional axis as well? I would appreciate any help. If any other information is needed, just let me know.

// // waveform generation = 0100 = CTC
// TCCR1B &= ~(1<<WGM13);
// TCCR1B |= (1<<WGM12);
// TCCR1A &= ~(1<<WGM11);
// TCCR1A &= ~(1<<WGM10);
//
// // output mode = 00 (disconnected)
// TCCR1A &= ~(3<<COM1A0);
// TCCR1A &= ~(3<<COM1B0);
//
// // Set the timer pre-scaler
// // Generally we use a divider of 8, resulting in a 2MHz timer
// // frequency on a 16MHz MCU. If you are going to change this, be
// // sure to regenerate speed_lookuptable.h with
// // create_speed_lookuptable.py
// TCCR1B = (TCCR1B & ~(0x07<<CS10)) | (2<<CS10);
//
// OCR1A = 0x4000;
// TCNT1 = 0;
// ENABLE_STEPPER_DRIVER_INTERRUPT();
Re: Feedrate and Timer Interrupt Issues on 7 Axis Machine
June 12, 2016 04:31AM
I can't help you with that; but wouldn't it make more sense to use a 32-bit controller and more modern firmware to drive a 7-axis machine?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2016 04:32AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 13, 2016 11:35AM
I misrepresented what I am controlling when I said 7 axis machine. It has a traditional x,y,z,e axis for a hot end. There is a rotating mandrel axis (u) and a fiber carriage that can move in two axis (v,w). My board is an azteeg x3 pro which is capable of controlling up to 8 stepper drivers. The decision to use marlin firmware and that board was made by a senior design group and my advisor more than a year ago. When I inherited the machine, it was inoperable; now the feedrate issue is the only one I have left to tackle before I can start making some interesting parts.
June 14, 2016 01:36PM
I finally solved the issue. Ignore what is posted above.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login