Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M120/M121, M98 Pnnn and Tn with tfreeN.g tpreN.g tpostN.g

Posted by Sergio 
M120/M121, M98 Pnnn and Tn with tfreeN.g tpreN.g tpostN.g
August 11, 2016 02:07PM
Hi all,

I was experimenting with the command mentioned in the subject and have some question about them, could not find anything in the forum.

If I select a tool from standby like T0 then tpre0.g and tpost0.g is called.
I I unselect with T99, then tfree0.g is called, but if I select another tool, letzt say T1, then tfree0.g is not called, why is this?

When tpost0.g containing a M98 Pmacro_file.g command is executed, and this macro changes x, y, z position of the tool, how can I return (pop) to the old values?

Scenario: Wiping nozzles at a specific position (absolute) and then continuing printing from previous position.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Edit: RepRapFirmware for Duet 1.13b (2016-06-24)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2016 02:09PM by Sergio.
Re: M120/M121, M98 Pnnn and Tn with tfreeN.g tpreN.g tpostN.g
August 21, 2016 05:10PM
Sergio
If I select a tool from standby like T0 then tpre0.g and tpost0.g is called.
I I unselect with T99, then tfree0.g is called, but if I select another tool, letzt say T1, then tfree0.g is not called, why is this?

Are you sure? tfree0.g should be called whenever T0 is switched from active to standby. Are you running my firmware fork, or chrishamm's?

Sergio
When tpost0.g containing a M98 Pmacro_file.g command is executed, and this macro changes x, y, z position of the tool, how can I return (pop) to the old values?

Currently you can't, however slicers normally generate a travel move after a tool change, so you shouldn't need to. But save/restore position commands are on the firmware wish list.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: M120/M121, M98 Pnnn and Tn with tfreeN.g tpreN.g tpostN.g
August 22, 2016 09:03AM
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

dc42
Are you sure? tfree0.g should be called whenever T0 is switched from active to standby. Are you running my firmware fork, or chrishamm's?

Your firmware!
From Tx active to Tx standby everything is ok, tfreex.g is called.

But I wonder, if tfreex.g should also be called from Tx active to Ty active?
Because Tx is then also released?

dc42
Currently you can't, however slicers normally generate a travel move after a tool change, so you shouldn't need to. But save/restore position commands are on the firmware wish list.

Ok thanks, kind of sad, because Z is adjusted just before Tx is called, so there is no chance to restore Z after Tx only X Y is used later.
Or is there a trick to force Slic3r to use always Z in head moves?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login