Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X/Y axis stretched, Z axis fine

Posted by reprapscrub 
X/Y axis stretched, Z axis fine
August 16, 2016 04:30PM
Hey all, I'm having an unusual problem. When printing a test cube, the X and Y dimensions are only 83% of what they should be (17% smaller than the correct size), but the Z dimension is 100% correct.

I have been picking through the firmware, but there are just so many different places where this error could occur.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Re: X/Y axis stretched, Z axis fine
August 16, 2016 05:08PM
you need to calibrate the steps per mm for the x & y axes.
August 17, 2016 08:39AM
Hey, thanks for your reply. Do I need to do this in the Move file? I saw a place where it stores all of the steps per mm, but it seemed like I shouldn't mess with their math.

Or is it something that would be in the configuration files?

EDIT: We have already set the steps per mm using the M92 GCode, and have double checked our numbers.

EDIT2: It's looking like I should just keep changing the M92 Gcode until it prints out correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2016 10:37AM by reprapscrub.
August 17, 2016 06:28PM
You should be able to just enter the correct M92 values that you compute from the belt pitch and number of pulley teeth, and get the right amount of movement. Can you share your calculations?

What firmware are you using?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login