Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino Mega2560 only shows as "other device" in the devise manager

Posted by MilloMille 
Arduino Mega2560 only shows as "other device" in the devise manager
September 07, 2016 10:58AM
I follwed the Arduino Troubleshooting all the way but nothing helped. Im running Windows 7 32-Bit (Service Pack 1) and have an Arduino Mega 2560.

At first i tried installing the drivers with the .zip File. Even with installing the arduino.inf File manually all i found in the device manager was a Serial USB 2.0 device without drivers under "other devices".
Then i tried the same with the installer but still no success. (I didnt unistall the Drivers before reinstalling, but that shouldnt matter right?)
The Troubleshooting also says you can check if there is a bootloader on the board by pressing the reset button. The yellow led should blink if there is a bootloader. Mine goes off an on. I don't know if that counts as blinking or if that is more of a flashing. If so, how can I install a bootloader?
Re: Arduino Mega2560 only shows as "other device" in the devise manager
September 07, 2016 07:25PM
Some Arduino Mega 2560.use a different usb to serial converter (ch340)

Firstly you need to identify what you have on your board, then install the appropriate drivers.

Look at the chip in behind the USB connector

If it looks like this its a ch340

If its looks like the following then Its a standard ATmega16U2 and normal drivers should work.

This chip could also be rotated 45 degrees
September 08, 2016 04:04AM
Thansk a lot for your help i did indeed own the one made in China. I can't belief they didnt include the Driver in the package or at least list the Problem in the Troubleshooting. There have to be thousands of people with this problem.
Will the board have other differences as well, especailly Performance wise?
September 08, 2016 07:20AM
Otherwise they are identical. (well I've not heard of any other issues)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login