Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adding fan in firmware repetier

Posted by RaBrand 
Adding fan in firmware repetier
January 27, 2017 05:01PM
Dear community ,

Recently I bought the Anycubic Kossel Linear Version and decided shortly after the complete assembly to switch to the repetier firmware and host. All in all it worked out pretty well, put i have a problem: The second fan, which should blows over the cooling fans of the hotend is not activated. As far as i know you have to change some settings in configuration.h to make it work. The board, which comes with the printer is called "Trigorila Mainboard" and is as far as i know a mix out of Ramps 1.4 and an Arduino Mega. It has got 3 ports, which are labeled (FAN0, FAN1, FAN2). On FAN 0 the fan for the the extruded plastic is connected (It works, and it can be controlled over repetier host). Due to the manual I connected the second fan to port FAN 2. I have already tried some things in configuration.h, but nothing happened.
So there i am asking you: Is there any way to use these earlier mentioned ports, or should i just cut off the conectors and and conect them to another powersource.

appreciate you help
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (33.5 KB)
Re: Adding fan in firmware repetier
January 28, 2017 12:24AM
take a look in your pins.h

MOTHERBOARD 33 doesn’t normally have more than one fan defined.
January 29, 2017 10:52PM
FAN2 is pin 44 on the Trigorilla Mainboard. The only reason I knew was I just updated to their newest their firmware and the fan stopped working. I found it in pins.h and added it back into configuration_adv.h. Now that was for Marlin, I'm not sure what you need to edit or where in Repetier firmware but the pin for FAN2 is 44. Good Luck
January 30, 2017 06:58AM
In repetier config tool you can set extruder fan pin in the tools menu.
or in config
#define EXT0_EXTRUDER_COOLER_PIN ORIG_FAN2_PIN
#define EXT0_EXTRUDER_COOLER_SPEED 255
January 31, 2017 02:34PM
Solved it!!! smiling bouncing smiley Special thanks to Yahmez and obewan, your hints helped me a lot

To summ it up for other beginners, described by a beginner:

Go into the Arduino Software, select configuration.h, search for "#define EXT0_EXTRUDER_COOLER_PIN ORIG_FAN2_PIN" and change the pin number in the end to 44. Click upload and your printer should now start at a temperature, which you can change again in configuration.h by changing the last number in this setting: "#define EXTRUDER_FAN_COOL_TEMP 50"

Thank you guys again,
without you and the rest of the community it wouldn't be possible to get quickly started printing as a beginner
February 03, 2017 12:30AM
Glad you solved it! smileys with beer
February 08, 2017 11:34AM
RaBrand
Go into the Arduino Software, select configuration.h, search for "#define EXT0_EXTRUDER_COOLER_PIN ORIG_FAN2_PIN" and change the pin number in the end to 44. Click upload and your printer should now start at a temperature, which you can change again in configuration.h by changing the last number in this setting: "#define EXTRUDER_FAN_COOL_TEMP 50"

I'm using Repetier firmware 0.92.9 and had to add

#define ORIG_FAN2_PIN 44

to pins.h in the #ifdef RAMPS_V_1_3 before I could use the extruder always-on fan as connected to Fan2 in the firmware configuration. The EXT0_EXTRUDER_COOLER_PIN ORIG_FAN2_PIN define tells Repetier the extruder cooler is wired to the FAN2 pin and it doesn't take a pin number directly, rather you have to set the FAN2_PIN to 44 as above. Thanks Yahmez for identifying the pin used for the FAN2 header.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login