Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder won't turn

Posted by jhaubold 
Extruder won't turn
May 18, 2011 02:41PM
I've built a reprap using RAMPS 1.2, and Mega 2560. I'm using the latest version of the host software and Tonokip firmware. All of the electronics work (motors, drivers, stops, etc). The only problem I have is that I can't get the extruder to turn. The driver in that slot works (when I move it to another axis it's fine), and the motor works as well.

I've tried sending G1 Exxx codes to the board using a terminal but nothing I do will make the extruder turn (all the other G codes work). The firmware doesn't even record a change in extruder position. I've tried it with the temperature set high, low, at the setpoint, below the setpoint, above the setpoint, etc. Nothing enables the extruder stepper. I've scoped the signals going to the extruder stepper, and it gets no movement commands, and it never receives the enable- signal.

Before I go through the Tonokip firmware line by line, does anybody have any input on this? Is there some 'feature' that I'm missing?

Thanks,

-Josh
UPDATE: Extruder won't turn
May 19, 2011 04:01PM
So, after turning off Reprap style acceleration in the firmware, I was able to control the extruder stepper through direct G codes. However the host software and Replicator G still do not move the extruder...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login