Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Klipper vs Marlin 2.0 on 32bit board

Posted by bmeelee 
Klipper vs Marlin 2.0 on 32bit board
July 06, 2019 05:33PM
Hello everybody,

I apologize if this is the wrong section, I'm new here and there were a lot of options.

I recently picked up a SKR 1.3 32 bit control board to replace my printer's board (which used to be a Tevo Tornado). I am upgrading because, well I like shiny new things, plus there is some issue with the USB connection on my current MKS Base board, and I would like to use OctoPi to control via wifi as well as TMC2208s. Since I am using an rPi anyway for OctoPi, I want to know if Klipper will still give a performance advantage over Marlin even with the 32bit processor (due to better math optimization etc) . If I went with Klipper, it would feel like a waste to use the 32 Bit board for this, but if I go with Marlin, I would worry that my performance isn't as good as it could be. If you have experience with both, I would greatly appreciate an opinion on the matter, as I intend to work on the printer tonight. Thanks.
Re: Klipper vs Marlin 2.0 on 32bit board
July 10, 2019 06:03AM
Performance with either firmware should not be a limiting factor on 32bit boards. Personally I prefer klipper. One big reason for that is the absolute ease with which you can make configuration changes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login