Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anet A2/A8 controller and firmware

Posted by catmandu 
Anet A2/A8 controller and firmware
June 14, 2020 12:01PM
Hello, Do you know of anybody supplying replacement control boards and/or firmware for these machines? The Anet website appears to be dead. when I go to the site it opwns to the main pabe but I cannot log on and if I select another page (shop for instance) I get 404 message. The A2 has developed a fault that, to my mind can only be down to the board/firmware, it will print for about 45-50 minutes and then just switch off completely, 10-15 seconds later it switches back on again, but of course the print is then lost. This happens whether it is printing from the sd card , from Repetier or Pronterface and I have tried 3 different power supplies all with the same results. Any information would be greatly appreciated

PS. There is no indication as to the ID of the firmware other than the screen looks very similar to my delta running Marlin.
Re: Anet A2/A8 controller and firmware
June 15, 2020 06:35AM
Marlin 2 has standard configurations for A2 and A8 on their standard BOARD_ANET_10 controllers

So you can upgrade your firmware to latest marlin when ever you like.

[github.com]

But this controller is a sanguino1284p based board so it has limited flash ram so you cannot enable all features and you may need to add a bootloader or program it with a AVRISP

I don't know of any drop in motherboard replacements... you might have to add mounting holes.

But the plugs look very close to standard..

If it was mine I would try for a skr 1.4 with tmc2209 stepper drivers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2020 06:36AM by Dust.
June 15, 2020 07:34AM
Thanks for that Dust, This must be my lucky day! I just happen to have a SKR board and drivers on a shelf waiting for something to do and since posting, have found a supplier in Germany that can supply a replacement board if needed.
Would you have any idea what could be causing the machine to just shut down completely and after a few seconds switch itself back on again? as I say I have tried printing from the SD card, Repetier and Pronterface with sliced files from Cura and Sli3r and changing power supplies, so the only thing left is the board.
June 15, 2020 08:10AM
You can still get anet 10 v 1.7 boards on ali express search for "anet controllers"

Could be anything causing it to reboot. bad solder, dying cap, fault regulator... really not worth the time it would take to diagnose.
June 15, 2020 09:30AM
Thanks Dust, that was my thought also, and with a replacement board costing about £20, as you say- not worth the trouble, besides I have the SKR board and drivers so the change over is under way. Once again thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login