Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ender 3 v 4.2.7 board firmware and hardware issues

Posted by piefairy 
Ender 3 v 4.2.7 board firmware and hardware issues
May 17, 2021 05:03PM
I'm trying to get my printer back up and running and I've run into a problem. The main board on my ender died, it was a melzi board. I bought a replacement 4.2.7 board with new screen off amazon, installed it, flashed the firmware and the screen stopped working. I've since found out that the screens firmware needed to be changed, but no luck getting it to take the update. Anyways, the board did take the update and the BLtouch working again, but I have to use the classic screen and controls. For some reason the z-offset is not working correctly, so its not lowering the head 3mm to compensate for the nozzle to probe height. It's set, but the head never drops back down before printing. Also, I need to change the thermistor in the firmware to the PT100, but I cannot figure out the wiring. I have a USB charger powering the amp board, but I'm not sure where to plug the signal into the main board.

When I try to flash the firmware, I drop the bin file on the blank SD, insert it, the machine thinks for a while, then starts. The main screen says "settings saved" at the bottom, but it still has the wrong thermistor set, probe offsets, max temp, nothing changes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2021 05:03PM by piefairy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login