Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fly RRF e3 Ender6

Posted by crankyev 
Fly RRF e3 Ender6
June 07, 2021 06:27AM
Hello, im new to 3d printing. Know nothing on g codes/firmware. issue i have just fitted a fly rrf e3 board to my ender 6, due to a damaged creality 4.3.7 board. (creality dont sell new ones, only 4.2.7, not suitable for the 6). set up with reprap firmware via their rrf config page. fitted to printer and go to home motors, get Z axis correct, press the Y axis and moves the X axis, press the X axis and moves the Y axis in the wrong direction. No matter what i do, change the motor direction in the firmware, change the wires around change the end stop homing. doesnt change anything. Do I have to add extra commands in the G code or add something to macros?.
Re: Fly RRF e3 Ender6
June 07, 2021 07:42AM

ie to move X, A and B must move in the same direction, to move Y, A and B need to move in opposite directions

So when Y moves instead of X one of the axis needs inverted

There are only 8 combinations, but the second 4 are not obvious

Invert A | Invert B 
no       |  no
no       |  yes
yes      |  no
yes      |  yes

then repeat, with A and B Step/direction/enabled pins swapped over (ie effectively exchanging stepper motors A and B over)

Then try these again.
With A and B steppers swapped
Invert A | Invert B 
no       |  no
no       |  yes
yes      |  no
yes      |  yes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2021 07:43AM by Dust.
Re: Fly RRF e3 Ender6
June 07, 2021 05:32PM
@dust thanks for your reply. sorry for sounding like a complete noob, how/where do i do this? I understand sort of what your saying, that the motors move in different directions when operating x and y axis part. Do i swap the plugs over on the board ( put x plug into y driver socket and visa versa),
and then swap the pins around in the plug itself?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login